So i'm like 20 yrs old and i am pretty big into working out and being healthy and all..but there's something that i don't get, and it pisses me off!! I work out A LOT. and i eat healthy for the most part, and I always have since high school. i'm just an athlete i suppose, but like 99% of girls in America I am not super happy w/ my weight. I mean my friends and everyone tells me that i look fine/normal but of course i don't see myself that way. I am pretty toned but i just can't seem to lose my GUT!!! Anywho, what makes me so mad is that like i see like ppl lose TONS of weight who are like a lot more overweight than i am, and i know that they dont work out as hard as i do. i don't mean to sound like a , but its just so frustrating. I just dont get it! why can't i lose weight like that? do i have to gain a ton of weight first????

Since you are health-conscious, you likely know that losing weight is all about burning more calories than you consume. Regardless of how much you work out, you won't lose weight quickly unless you start starving yourself. Which is what those girls are doing. You will probably notice that they put it back on as quickly as they lose it.

You could review how much you are eating ... I think it is quite common for athletes to over-eat, because they work out a lot and are perhaps not quite sure how many calories they need to maintain a body weight they are happy with.

By the way, I don't mean to imply you over-eat, I just think it is something you might think about. My boyfriend is a very competitive athlete and eats A LOT, since he has to be at a certain weight he has to watch what he eats.