Good place to meet people?

Dan629

I recently got out of a 3yr relationship which has been hard on me. It has been about a month now and while I am not looking to jump right into something serious again, I am looking to start meeting new women. The problem is I don't really know where to go to do this. For the past three years I never worried about it. Most people say "go to bars, clubs, etc." but I am not 21 yet. I will be in June but until then I don't know. So where are good places to meet new people besides internet dating sites? Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Sign up for yoga. You'll be the only guy in a room full of fit, young women. Score

I signed up for a bunch of classes in the hopes of meeting guys, but women have dominated every class I have signed up for (pottery, cooking, yoga, weight lifting (?!)...). Seriously, check out what the community centre is offering.

anything that is centered around an interest you have. say you like bowling, you could sign up for a co-ed bowling league and meet a lot of people (and women especially) who already share one of your interests! there's a lot of things that you could do that appeals to you - cooking classes, volunteer work, karate, anything. when you meet someone who you already have a common ground with and have a reason to see all the time you'll most likely find a girl. good luck

I go to the park alot, I wish I could meet a girl at the park

Borrow a friend's dog. Instant opposite-sex magnet (especially girls) since its a great friendly topic-starter! Especially good if the dog is cute and can be pursuaded to approach people on command.

Um... not that I'm admitting anything.

I agree with addictedblue. Finding an activity to involve yourself in is a great way to meet new people, and people who at least you share a common interest with rather than just random people in bars. It would also probably help to get you out of our post breakup funk and make you feel better about yourself!

Sign up for yoga. You'll be the only guy in a room full of fit, young women. Score

I signed up for a bunch of classes in the hopes of meeting guys, but women have dominated every class I have signed up for (pottery, cooking, yoga, weight lifting (?!)...). Seriously, check out what the community centre is offering.

Just don't get too good at yoga, you'll never want to leave the house, lmao. Seriously, notice all of the different opinions listed in the responses? In other words, you can meet people just about anywhere. Sometimes when you aren't even trying.

I hate to generalize, but ...

I have a few guy friends who claim they can meet women in bars - have known two for sure who do. But these experiences as described to me are very brief and shallow - unless its a physical connection without real intimacy you are looking for. In my own experience I have found bars and pubs great places to chat and commisserate with men - especially strangers I can share some pretty crazy stuff with. And I have also gained some business insight and connection with guys in bars. But all the connections with women in bars have not been very meaningful for me. Perhaps these same women behave differently in other settings - or I see them differently.

Lately I have had some luck meeting quality people through eharmony and match on the Internet. It doesn't happen overnight for me. But there are quite a handful now that I can see and continue to get to know. I'm sure living in a big city helps.

I think the yoga class thing is a great idea. And anything else where you have an interest and there are women involved is good. Also, just practice approaching new people in the market or bookstore. When I think of it as practice, it is easier to do.

This may sound crazy but it is true. I've a first date tomorrow morning with a woman I met on link removed and she just happens to be a full-time yoga instructor. I'm sure she's in great shape but at my age I'm much more concerned about state of mind - I'm thinking these people who practice yoga are likely to be working on their mental and emotional constitutions as well.