Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After a lot of thought, i think it might be time to try counselling for the problems i am having. Its been 18 months since my boyfriend of 4 years cheated on me and i just cant get over it. I feel completely worthless and i hate myself for not being the one he wants.


I torture myself about not being pretty or thin enough, i have serious jealousy and temper issues and although i feel like maybe im just wallowing and i should find the strength to pull myself together without any help, i just dont seem able to shift this black cloud. i find myself crying almost every day, i just dont want to get out of bed in the morning because i want nothing other than him back. im so afraid of being alone forever, i feel like no-one will ever love me or want me. i miss him every second, i just feel so sad.


My mum works at my doctors so i cant go through them as my parents dont approve. Can anyone help me with how i can find someone to talk to another way?



Link to comment

Hi Loco. The first step should be to see your GP (Doctor). Is your mum also your doctor, or does she just work at the surgery? If so you can arrange to see another doctor- they are required to be totally confidential. Just arrange to go in when your mum is not at work.


Alternatively do a google search for your local Community Mental Health Team. I know it sounds scary but they are usually really nice helpful people. They may be able to set you up with a counsellor or psychologist if you feel the need. Or... you can go to your Citizens Advice Bureau.


It's always better to see someone in person rather than rely on internet.


Best of luck, let us know what you decide.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...