The Four Agreements

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word

Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best

Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

Aww, what an awesome post! I read this, loved it so much, that I saved it to my computer to serve as a reminder.

I think some other things can be built upon this... more "agreements". I have a million other things floating around my head right now and don't have the time to really think deeply about other things to add; or else I would!

I'd really love to see this thread take off though! And will reply back soon.

Again, awesome topic!

Yes ! Everyone should read this book !! Here are a few more bits...

You are never responsible for the actions of others, but you are responsible for YOU. If someone is NOT treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. You may hurt for awhile, but your heart will eventually heal.

You gain a huge amount of freedom when you take nothing personally. No spell can affect you regardless of how strong it may be. And if you live without fear, if you love , you will be happy with your life.

The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are the truth. We make an assumption. We misunderstand. We take it personally, then we react by sending emotional poison with our word. This creates a whole big drama for nothing.

Your word can create the most beautiful dream, or your word can destroy everything around you. Impeccability of the word only creates beauty, love, and heaven on earth.

You are never responsible for the actions of others, but you are responsible for YOU. If someone is NOT treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. You may hurt for awhile, but your heart will eventually heal.

i shouldve read this thread earlier. now i feel less guilty.

Kudos to you, frei.

Now, it is one thing to memorize these "agreements" and understand them, but it is another to put those concepts and guides into your own life. Sometimes we fear doing good, not just bad. Being honest with others also means being honest and trustworthy of yourself. If you aim low, you won't be surprised (as a quote once said).