confused and inexperienced

petepete

it seems that when i notice a girl looking at me that seems to like me she looks away when i catch her and i sort of do the same. i want to talk to them or look into their eyes but it seems they are looking away so i can perv at them which i am uninterested in doing. what should i do instead of looking away ? (very inexperienced)

Yeah smile thats a good start, you can wave at her, not a big wave but a small kinda flirting wave. Also you could whisper things like "hi" or "how are you?" or "hello beautiful" but dont forget to smile if she looks away thats ok, you should try talking to her though, you might be nervous at first but it gets easier afterwards.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah ..it feels so adorable when a guy you like smile at you (before you get to know him).

The "hello beautiful" is perfect...but guys are getting lack of saying this kind of things lately.

thanks for the advice cabagge 1. I think I would be too scared of a girl reacting to "hello Beautiful" in a bad way.

I guess I recommend starting with the smile. If someone ACTUALLY said, "hello beautiful" to me.....I probably wouldn't take him seriously...

Just smile and when you get the chance to say Hi - then do it. Say Hi and introduce yourself.

If she's looking away its prolly cos she's really shy too, so you could be the initiator - free and clear. She MAY even be expecting it and your lack of response could have her thinkig you're not interested.

Yeah smile thats a good start, you can wave at her, not a big wave but a small kinda flirting wave. Also you could whisper things like "hi" or "how are you?" or "hello beautiful" but dont forget to smile if she looks away thats ok, you should try talking to her though, you might be nervous at first but it gets easier afterwards.

Good Luck.

I have already got a little wave from a girl in a local food court. it was when i was stretching with my hands up and i didn't realise she was waving at me until after . i smiled at her then looked away, i was very deppressed that day. It was about a week ago now . what should i do

it seems that when i notice a girl looking at me that seems to like me she looks away when i catch her and i sort of do the same. i want to talk to them or look into their eyes but it seems they are looking away so i can perv at them which i am uninterested in doing. what should i do instead of looking away ? (very inexperienced)

yes, i hate that feeling-- noticing a girl trying to make eye contact with me but i continue walking away or stand there against the wall and let them walk away, not knowing what to say or how to approach. at bars or clubs i was always the wall flower. lately i've been visiting crowded bars just walking around and people watching, and if there are a group of girls standing, i stop close by pretend i'm watching tv or waiting to get a drink; if they don't move away and stop talking i'll say hello to one. ofcourse her c**k blocking friends pulled her away. initially i was just scared to walk up to them. i worked on the approach and walked up to an arms length distance without talking to them, turning my side to the group, pretending i was watching tv or paying attention to something else. now gotta get the intro and opening down.

• 3 months later...

i hate when girls look at me then look away it makes me think your trying to say something ill twoards me cz i get girls looking and looking back almost 5 times a day i find it extreamly annoying.............anyways just smile back when they look or go approach them if you want to.....u get over shyness by going up and standing in the face of adversity........thats just about the only way/.....

I know the feeling, whenever I look at girls they never look at me into the eyes or even smile, they always turn their head down or to the side and ignore me.

I know the feeling, whenever I look at girls they never look at me into the eyes or even smile, they always turn their head down or to the side and ignore me.

You say you work out, right? Have you ever considered the possibility that some of them really are intimidated by you?

Do you look into their eyes? Is it a long, piercing stare? Is your face sour or perhaps serious as you're looking?

Yes, I do workout but I am not buffed up at all, I am toned and I am only 5'3 and 118 lbs so I don't think girls are intimidated by me, yeah maybe my size.

Yes I look into their eyes for a few secs, not a long stare..My face isn't sour or serious..I smile with a friendly look..

Next time they look away, I suggest you do the same, then watch from the corner of your eye. See if they peek back. Often times it's not easy for them to maintain contact either. They're used to having the passive role in all this.

I've had my share of back-and-forth on the subway. I remember one girl who was clearly smitten but every bit as shy as me. We absolutely could not look directly at each other, so we took turns instead.

If you can catch her looking more than once, it would be crazy to assume that there's no underlying interest.

I have already got a little wave from a girl in a local food court. it was when i was stretching with my hands up and i didn't realise she was waving at me until after . i smiled at her then looked away, i was very deppressed that day. It was about a week ago now . what should i do

Don't beat yourself up about it (that is if you were depressed about not making a move). If you want to change the way you are it is far easier if you learn to love and respect yourself despite the way you are and then make the change. If you keep beating yourself up you will only stay depressed. Often the best way to change your behaviour is to change the way you think about a situation i.e. reframe it. I always think about approaching a girl as paying a complement to them. It is not about me and how I look/feel/walk/talk etc. It is all about them. This helps me lose my self consciousness. I also approach girls in a respectful and preferrable humorous way. Hey beautiful with a cheeky smile would work for me coz I have learned to carry that kind of thing off, but you have got to figure out what works for you. If the line does not feel real to you, you wont feel genuine and it will be harder to carry it off without coming accross as a fake. So pick something you are comfortable with and work from there. It is all about feeling comfortable in the situation. Of course you will be rejected, its almost a girls duty to make it hard for you at the start, but if you do it right they won't make it that hard for you. Never be too pushy though. Hope this helps!