Am I being impatient or just a fool?

After 8 weeks of strick NC I contacted my ex asking if we could talk in person (he broke up with me over the phone after a 6 year relationship). He said o.k. and we agreed to meet sometime after January 8th (he had his kids for Christmas vacation). He doesn't work the same hours every week so he wasn't sure of his schedule at that point and he said he would call me. I know it's only been 6 days since he had his kids for the break but I was hoping to hear from him by now. Am I being impatient or am I being a fool thinking he will actually call?

You are neither impatient nor a fool. You are human and might be feeling unsure right about now. I was broken up with over the phone as well. After 6 weeks I contacted her. What I learned is that the gesture should come from the other person. After all, they ended things, right? Don't be like me! After I broke NC I waited by the phone and hurt so much when she didn't call. I'm trying to learn to expect nothing, but it's hard. Just try to forget about him calling b/c you're apt to drive yourself crazy expecting something that may never come, or if it does it just might not be what you wanted. By the way. what is it that you want? Forget about him for a bit and answer that.

if he doesn't call you to set a time and day, I think you should give up. To me, it would be a clear indication that he doesn't have anything to say to you.

It's not what I expect him to say to me. I have some things I really want to say to him - nothing bad or cirtical, no pleading or begging or any of that. I guess it's just too difficult for me to end a 6 year relationsip on the phone without at least one last conversation. I know it may not go how I want but I still feel a need to do it.

This may be a stupid quetion but why would he agree to talk to me if he really didn't want to? He agreed the first time I asked him if we could talk, I didn't have to "talk him into it". So I guess I'm just confused as to why I am not hearing from him now.

It's not what I expect him to say to me. I have some things I really want to say to him - nothing bad or cirtical, no pleading or begging or any of that. I guess it's just too difficult for me to end a 6 year relationsip on the phone without at least one last conversation. I know it may not go how I want but I still feel a need to do it.

This may be a stupid quetion but why would he agree to talk to me if he really didn't want to? He agreed the first time I asked him if we could talk, I didn't have to "talk him into it". So I guess I'm just confused as to why I am not hearing from him now.

If you are really giving up hope with this guy, maybe its all right if you look to meet with him and talk if you want some closure.

I broke up with a GF I had and after a while she asked me to have one last chat to try to figure out some unresolved issues. I granted her that, went to her house, met with her, talked, and never saw her again.

If you do it, do it for yourself, to complete the healing process.