So I went out with this girl last Friday (Jan 5th). It was never officially called a date, I asked if she wanted to hang out so we went to a sporting event. We hit it off, she's an awesome person and really enjoyed being with her. She's a few years older than me, I'm 23 and she's 27 and she's joked around saying that I'm so young. This is before we went out. Anyways, I think throughout the night she was flirting with me, throughout the night she would playfully nudge/hit me, etc.

I want to go out with her again, but wondering when I should call. I spoke with her briefly on Saturday through text and thinking about calling her today. Is that too soon? I don't know what the rules are if there are any? We communicate almost daily through email at work.

It already sounds like you talk to her quite a bit through other forms of communication. I think that one thing you should have inquired about when you went out with he was to get a sense if she is dating, doesnt want a bf or whatever else. This not something you directly ask but you want to work into the conversation. The best advice that I can give you is to remind you that patience is confidence. This girl is not going anywhere so you do not have to make a rash decision.

If she _did_ think it was a date, she could be wondering why you haven't called already. If she does want to date you - or is just considering dating you - I'm pretty sure you won't turn her off by calling too soon - too often can be irritating, but too soon is not a problem. And if she doesn't want to date you, she doesn't want to date you. There's nothing for it but to ask. Nowish.

Good luck.

UPDATE:

So I chatted with the new girl yesterday via email in the morning, she asked "what i have going on this week?" and i responded nothing planned, but was thinking that maybe we can get together this week... that was around 1pm and i still haven't heard from her. She said she would be really busy this week so maybe that's why I haven't heard from her. Or maybe she's playing hard to get? Thoughts anyone. I figure she wouldn't have asked what my plans are for the week if she wasn't somewhat interested, right?

This is all new to me, I've only dated one girl in my life (6 yr relationship) and this waiting game is no fun.

I dont believe in playing hard to get, when you get a response then you can analyze it then but for now it is best not to speculate. Knowing that she has a busy week and see if she would do something is a good move in your mind to see if she will "make" time. I cannot say that her asking about your week is a sign of her interest in you anymore than a friend.

UPDATE:

So I chatted with the new girl yesterday via email in the morning, she asked "what i have going on this week?" and i responded nothing planned, but was thinking that maybe we can get together this week... that was around 1pm and i still haven't heard from her. She said she would be really busy this week so maybe that's why I haven't heard from her. Or maybe she's playing hard to get? Thoughts anyone. I figure she wouldn't have asked what my plans are for the week if she wasn't somewhat interested, right?

This is all new to me, I've only dated one girl in my life (6 yr relationship) and this waiting game is no fun.

You need to ask and give a specific date and time.............

I, personally, cannot stand it when a guy says "maybe we can get together."

That is not good enough. It sounds like you have someone else in mind.

Step it up and make a date/time, and she will say yes.

Also, plan the date. Don't pull the typical, "let's hang out.......or.......I don't know, what do you wanna do?"

PLAN IT!!! She will appreciate and admire you for it. And, no one is ever TOO BUSY.

Good Luck.

UPDATE:

She asked, thereforeeee, she IS INTERESTED!!!!!!