So I just made my first call...

So I just made my first call to this girl I met the other night @ the bar. I was kinda nervous about the call but got it together and made it. Started off great I said who I was and that I met her @ the bar the other night and things sounded great. That was until she asked if I found my way home from her house the other night. I was like "what" because I never drove her home the other night. Then things got really awkward and she was like your kid that lives down the street from me right, and I said yes. But I never drove you home the other night. Well anyways I immediately try to save the conversation and start talking about other things asking simple questions and stuff and asking bout her new years plans. She then said she was sorry and that she has a friend matt who drove her home the other night. I just replied with that cool.

We talked for about 15 minutes and she was getting ready to cut the conversation off and i interrupted her and asked her what her plans were for Tuesday. She then tells me shes got a busy day and has to work @ night blah blah blah. I then said that I would give her a call later in the week and see what she is up to and told her I hoped she had fun at the family party she was having at her house and to have a good new year. She said thanks and that she was going to save my number.

Anyways seemed kinda rocky but that can be expected I guess. I will give her a shout later in the week and see whats going on I guess and take it from there. I hate this dating stuff trying to get something started!!!!

I was thinking about texting her later today and saying happy new years and seeing if I can get a lil phone game going. Good idea or should I wait till mid week when I am going to be going out for some drinks and see if she wants to join?

I'm the wrong person to ask about texting - I do not like receiving IMs or texts from men I do not know well - I also find it passive - you told her you would call her in the middle of this week, so follow through and invite her out for coffee or a drink or a walk in the park just the two of you - she may not be up for meeting up with people she doesn't know and your invitation will be vague as to whether it is a date - so she might figure it's ok if she doesn't show up since you will be with your friends.

I wouldn't call her or text her. You made it clear you were interested and she did not offer another time to see you. If a guy called to ask me out and I said I was busy, (and i liked him) I would defiintely suggest another time. It could be you are showing too much interest (not enough challenge). Make her wonder why you didnt call. She knows you like her so if there is enough interest on her part, she will come calling.

The thing is I didn't ask her out. I just basically said, what are you doing tuesday, she said she had to go to the dentist in the morn and was working at night. I didn't actually ask her to do anything. After that she talked for a few minutes about other stuff, and I just told her I would call her later. She did sound excited to talk to me when she answered the phone.

The thing is I didn't ask her out. I just basically said, what are you doing tuesday, she said she had to go to the dentist in the morn and was working at night. I didn't actually ask her to do anything. After that she talked for a few minutes about other stuff, and I just told her I would call her later. She did sound excited to talk to me when she answered the phone.

is it possible she thought you were the other guy? Again I would follow up as you said you would do so that when you call her again you can say "it's ____ just following up to see if we can get together soon."

In my experience (I have dated hundreds of men) if a man I was interested called me and I could not do something on the day he suggested I would absolutely suggest an alternative day - I would read his "what are you doing Tuesday" question to imply that he wanted to see me.

Sorry man, move on.

Think about it, she was asking if you found your way home from her house -- it wasn't you... Sounds like she probably hooked up with some other guy, or had someone over to her house and thought it was him calling back.

Is this the sort you want to be in a relationship with anyway?