Why would he be so mean?

ShellNeverBeMe

Hey all, I know I'm really annoying but I'm having such a hard time with my breakup. I poured my heart out to my ex in a letter; I'd never been good at saying my feelings...and he always complained that I never cared about him. I tried to call him the other day but he answered and hung up on me. So I called him back and he kept doing it. I text him asking him why he was being like that. He called me back and said I blew it, it was over, and that if he ever saw me I better run. I can't believe it. I went home and wrote him an email pouring my heart out. So when I expressed that I did in fact care about him, it was met with a "Go eff yourself." I am so devastated. Why is he being so mean? I did sleep with someone else while we were together...we both cheated on each other. We had a huge blowout a couple weeks ago and I ended up changing my number because I was very angry with him. And then I made the mistake of going on his myspace and seeing a new girl. That brought out the green eyed monster so I called him. Big mistake. Is he being mean to me because I hurt him? I know it shouldn't matter but I am completely devastated and looking for answers. I know I should focus on myself bla bla bla. I work out, I work and go to school and none of it is affected by my ex right now. I just can't understand why he was so mad. I didn't really beg him or plead or cry. I called like 5 times because he kept hanging up...

The way you treated your ex is the way my ex treated me....so I am someone who can give you an idea of how your ex is feeling. He is probably feeling so hurt and betrayed by you that he no longer trusts you. You running back to him with grand apoligies doesn't fix the hurt that he is feeling. It probably just makes him feel more manipulated. Leave him alone for a while and let him process the information. Maybe at some point he will feel more like talking but it now needs to be in his time frame, not yours. Try to understand his point of view and his pain.

I know I hurt him...he says he didn't care and never loved me, but I think otherwise. I'm almost positive I hurt him. Or I came off as too needy or clingy but I really don't think I did. I just apologized up and down, told him I cared for him alot. I don't know if I drove him away or if he is in fact hurt. I wish I could fix things between us. We've broken up for months before and we date other people but we always go back to each other. After I told him I cheated he called me incessantly and was actually nicer to me...but then we got into a fight and I changed my number because he BLEW UP MY PHONE. It took two weeks, but I called him after seeing his myspace. I wish I didn't now...my ego is shot.

what does that mean he blew up your phone?

I think you should leave him alone for now. This is what he wants . I know it's hard but you have to give him some respect for the way that he feels right now.

All your going to do is drive him crazy and your self

Give yourself some time and grow from this. i still come here for advice and it's great so if you want to pour out your feelings do it here.

Like you said you cheated on him, and he on you it didn't sound like it was a stable relationship in the first place.

you can't screw it up if you don't do anything and right now he doesn't want to hear anything so just please leave him alone

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Why You Should NEVER Chase Your Ex
      You should NEVER chase your ex, no matter what... even if you want to get back together. In this video, I’ll explain what exactly I mean by that… and why it’s so important if you want your ex back. Here's the simple truth: if you DO want to give yourself the best possible chance of starting over with your ex, you simply CANNOT let yourself start chasing them… it just doesn’t work, even though it’s the natural human reaction to a breakup and often feels like the right way to get them back. Even if you DON'T want your ex back, you still shouldn't let yourself chase after them. Watch the full video to find out why...

• 0 replies
    • How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩
      How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩... In this dating advice video, I will explain to you how to know she’s the one and give you five signs she’s the one as well as give you one red flag that you need to look out for. You may want to know whether she’s the one on first dates, online dating, or somewhere in the dating process. Take heed to these dating tips and be sure to watch the entire video.

• 0 replies
    • 5 Odd Signs You're Seeking Approval from Others Outside of Yourself
      In this YouTube Video, Lisa A Romano discusses 5 signs that indicate you're still seeking approval from others outside of you. If you are codependent, and you struggle with self-love, you may not realize the signs you're seeking approval from others. Childhood trauma and emotional neglect lead to a sense of feeling unseen. If you feel unseen, you may seek approval in odd ways. It may not be obvious when you are looking for validation from others. In this video, Lisa A Romano breaks down these 5 signs, and what they mean; hypervigilance, neediness, low self-worth, never feeling fulfilled and what it means when you become a perpetual seeker.

• 0 replies
    • 3 Simple Strategies To Ditch The Imposter Syndrome
      Have you ever felt like you're a fraud who doesn't belong? According to a recent article published in the International Journal of Behavioral Science, seven in every ten people have or will experience impostor syndrome at some point in their lives. We couldn't see our tribe suffering from this anymore, so we brought in the person who'll help you ditch this feeling for good. In this video, peak performance expert Shadé Zahrai joins Vishen to discuss how to supercharge your life and improve your self-esteem by constructing your own reality, leveraging your self-awareness, and regaining control over your inner critic

• 0 replies
    • 5 Things People Who’ve Been Mentally Abused Do
      Do you know how common mental abuse is? According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, 80 percent of the population has experienced some form of abusive relationship and behavior. However, despite how frequent it is, emotional abuse is still hard to spot. Unlike physical abuse, mental abuse doesn’t leave any visible scars; instead, it affects someone’s behavior, mindset, and mentality. This means some people deny they’ve been mentally abused, and others may not even recognize the toxic behavior. So, whether you’re reading this to be able to recognize emotional abuse in others or recognize it in yourself, these a few things people who’ve been mentally abused do are sure to help you be more empathetic and kinder.

• 0 replies