What is going on with her??

There is this girl that I have been really god frindswith for three years. I the last two I have become very attracted to her and I with all of the signs she gave me and her attitude I was pretty sure she liked me as well.

One day I finally get enough courage and I asked her if she would go to the prom with me. She smiled hugely and told me that their was someody else and most likely she will go with me.

So naturaly I was pretty happy with the way things worked out and was ready for whatever she decided. Suddenly things went wrong fast. The rest of the day she wouldn't talk to me unless I asked her somthing. She just kind of shut me out.

Then the next day she did somthig that she never does at school which is had her nails painted. That whole day she seemed to be i a really good mood and having fun with everyone except me. She pretty much avoided me the whole day. The worst part is she was talking a lot more with the guys in our class than normal and flirting like mad.

Our school is very small and we spend nearly the whole day together so it was obvious that she was avoiding me. Over the next few days she came to school with differnt color nails and kept this same happy and always having fun attitude but ignoring me for the most part.

Needless to say this go me pretty confused and a little angry so when I came back to school I had another talk with her. I told her that I was getting the impression that I made her feel uncomfortable and I didn't want to make her feel that way.

She admitted that she was uncomfortable around me and that iswhy she has been avoiding me. So then I said that I understand and I want to still be friends so if it would be easier we could just forget about the whole prom thing and just go bac to being friends. she said that she would try harder to act normal and went back to class.

I really missed talking to her so I asked her again if should just drop and she finally said yes. I figured that the reason she was avoidng me was because she didn't want to make me feel bad if she didn't want to be my date.

The next day expected things o be better but I was dead wrong. She completely took off the nail polish and seemed depressed all day. She avoided me even more than before and wouldn't even sit next to me. She was like this for awihle bt now she is a ittle better but still differnt. She doesn't seem to want to talk to me for very long anymore and she acts like most of the ideas I have are stupid but anyone else who says somthing is so funny or so smart.

Does anyone here know what the the heck hapened here because i am completely lost and confused and I miss the old her like crazy.