Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Should I see a psychologist?

Background thread


So, I am at work late last friday night and I notice that i have a coupld missed calls. I return the one from my sister, she's crying and wants to know if i've spoken to our father recently. I told her I hadn't, she tells me to call him and hangs-up.


I call my father, he jumps right into it, he has just been diagnosed with progressive cerebral atrophy in associated with an as of yet unidentified affliction. Progressive cerebral atrophy is terminal and inoperable. I was and still am in a state of denil. It usually takes about 7-10 days for things of this nature to hit me. I know that when it sets in I will be more of a wreck than I think I can cope with. By its self it's just depressing but compounded (see link), I'll break.


Should I see a Psych?


PS. Sorry if this dosn't belong here, some topics arn't really cut-and-dry.

Link to comment

Sorry to hear the news about your dad Don't think it'll hurt to see a psychologist. It might help you work through your emotions in dealing with this news and as a result help you in being there for your dad (in terms of giving him the love, support and understanding he'll need). Please let us know how it's all going.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...