• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if she was ready for you to live there full time an play house with you she would gave you a key and put your name on as half ower of the apartment.if i was you i want tell her (if you dont want a hasband i want act like one and pay you rent).... tell her she needs to down size to a cheaper apartment so she can afford it on her on. not to say you cant help her from time to time just put your foot down and say key or smaller place.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2007 update:

to get that weight off my head and shoulders i have decided to pay the agreed amount in instalments on the 1 and 15 of every month for the next three months. there are 8 months to pay off so on that payment schedule i'll be done my march. i paid her for the last two months.

as i'm looking for my own place to buy now i think if the shoes were on the other foot and someone who had a verbal agreement with me stiffed me and left, it'd be a pretty bitter pill to swallow. it's irrelevant to think whether or not she would pay me or leave, but i figure to not put on anymore bad karma for 2007.

happy new year to everyone reading this! hope everyone has an ace '07!

BB

oh, additionally:

- i am living with my parents and paying utilities at home to offset rent.

- there is no way i'm paying any extra on ultilities for her given i am not living there. nor will i be paying any extra money if she decides to spend all of that money. once i have paid up in full then i am free from that arrangement period.

I think you should either move in, pay your half, willingly, and without complaint, or move out. Sounds like you're trying to reap all the benefits, but only to the extent that it's convenient for you.

I think you are not reading his post, or not comprehending it....

Sounds to me that hes paying his share of bills, but doesnt get to consider the any of the apartment 'his'.

He pays his share, but doesnt get his 'share' of the space. Also doesnt get a key.... so his girl has someone footing half the bills, whom she can kick out on a whim, and whom she doesnt have to share responsibilities with. Thats how I see it.

My suggestion, just tell her flat out, if she expects you to pay the bills then you expect a key, and expect that you can keep some of your stuff there. Otherwise she can have her place, and you can get your own place, or live at home.

2007 update:

to get that weight off my head and shoulders i have decided to pay the agreed amount in instalments on the 1 and 15 of every month for the next three months. there are 8 months to pay off so on that payment schedule i'll be done my march. i paid her for the last two months.

as i'm looking for my own place to buy now i think if the shoes were on the other foot and someone who had a verbal agreement with me stiffed me and left, it'd be a pretty bitter pill to swallow. it's irrelevant to think whether or not she would pay me or leave, but i figure to not put on anymore bad karma for 2007.

happy new year to everyone reading this! hope everyone has an ace '07!

BB

Happy new year to you too bitterbear, hope 07 is great for you. Hope all this money stuff gets resolved as painlessly as possible - sounds like you are being a true gentleman here.

• 1 month later...

update...

to help her on her feet i paid for january and told her no more.

she's overseas now and handed me the keys to look after the place.

i know this might start up a whole other conversation but i found her diary; seems that she was seeing someone else from april-june and another guy from june until now.

so i guess that's why she wanted the rent, but not the responsibility of living together. bittersweet, but late than never.

BB

Hey bear, I am glad you came back to update us, but sad to hear the reason why of course.

That certainly does give reason as to her confusing behaviour; and I as I had originally said, whatever the reason she was not being fair. Of course I do not condone snooping, but now that you know...I hope you do the right thing with the information and move on.

I am glad you are removing yourself from this situation.