What is the hardest part of being single?

Kevin T

The hardest part is knowing that there is little chance that I ever won't be single. I'm so messed up in the head when it comes to girls. Once I find one I like, I get a ridiculous inferiority complex and I assume she can do WAY better than me. In the words of Layne Staley, I got "no one to cry to, no place to call home."

I'd like to share my life with someone, and I'd like to say that I love someone who loves me back.

Bah. It is now time for me to wallow in self-pity, lol.

Some people are better off alone I guess.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking up an answer when my large greek granny asks 'why you no marry yet???'

what do you say to that?!

LMAO.

I have a husband who recently moved out for a short time due to issues involving my kids.

I miss him sooooooooo much it actually physically hurts sometime, so even though i am not single there is much to miss, but i would have to say at night, cuddling, sleeping alone, being alone, being scared and alone, and the frequent SEX I MISS THE MOST.

Actually being single is better than being in a relationship, you don't have to rely about your wherabouts nor worry about possible hurting that person's feelings nor worry about someday becoming attach to that person.

Sorry, but thats pretty sad.

what happened to that saying, its better to love and lost than to have never loved at all?

Walls up all around EKKK

After a year of going from a total disgust with relationships to a moderate appreciation for them, I agree with about everyone on this topic.

Admittedly, I've never been in a really bad one, and even my one experience with a cheating lying woman didn't end my faith in love.

Marriage still remains a puzzle.

Some folks aren't very romantic, and want a balance sheet of emotions to justify plunging into an LTR. I envy that.

Sure guys may nag and women may fart, but it gets quiet without some interaction.

I miss that second heartbeat in the house. I really do.

Sorry, but thats pretty sad.

what happened to that saying, its better to love and lost than to have never loved at all?

Walls up all around EKKK

But there's different kinds of love, you can love you're work, your family, your friends while you're single and still be happy about it.

I've been single all 22 years of my short life .. while I normally don't have much of a problem with being single.. external pressure is starting to build around me (peers, relatives etc). I guess the hardest part for me is wondering when I'll find someone since the future is still so hazy and unknown....

just think of all the sucky things their are being in a relationship. Far more sometimes then being single.

Once you begin learning more about who you are...and the things you like in this solo period, the far better it becomes. Take advantage of it...stop worrying about the illusion of love. It will find you in the end.

Although I don't mind being single,since I really like the topic,I'll make a whole list of the hardest parts of being single:

-Looking at loving couples and realising you can't feel the joy of having someone beside

-After work/school thinking about the next work day,instead of your guy/girl

-No hugging,kissing,sex(that include deep connection)

-Feeling misunderstood

-Watching movies at home alone

-Just doing things you used to do with your previous boyfriends/girlfriends

-Knowing you have to start it all over(looking,flirting,dating,getting to know each other yadayada).It feels like you're back where you started

-Feeling bad when someone asks you why you don't have someone beside

-No special surprises,phone calls,etc.

-Wondering who you're going to spend the holidays with(when your friends are busy with their boyfriends)

-Missing the sweet talk and sharing

I dont believe that there is anything hard about being single, you just have to know how to spend your time. As long as you know what you are looking for then you will be fine when you are single. Being single is never the tragic state that people make it out to be. These people simply cannot manage being single because they have become so accustomed to relationships. Being single means you have freedom, independence, you dont have to answer to anyone and you are free to do as you choose.