What is the hardest part of being single?

Kevin T

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both these I echo!

The hardest part about being single is learning to be happy with being single. Once you are there you dont really worry about finding someone.

I'm almost there and dating is starting to sound fun.

Orlander

Trying to do things independately. You don't have a significant other to help with things, and friends can be busy with their own things.

I have no family to speak of and being single is painful as heck for me cause i dont have anyone to share my day to day feelings with. I crave the need ot have someone beside me when im in need. I can't stand being alone when i see all my friends happily in relationships. Its so hard ot simply describe how i feel but I'd give up everytihng i have to have a good woman in my life.

The hardest thing is realizing that you're simply fine with being single and it's not some horrible thing and that it can be fun, but realizing it's probably more fun when you have that One person who can make everything ten times more fun, enjoyable, happy, entertaining, lovely, memorable, wonderful, and all those things that you attribute to being with someone. Everything is brighter and easier and alive. Nothing is difficult and you feel fearless.

That's the hard part. When you know that you could feel better; you're fine now, but it could be better if you had the One.

I feel the same way. I had my first gf at 16, then was single for 2 years, had another girlfriend at 18, and basically single for another year have had a few girls i was dating for a couple days or weeks since then but nothings worked out. Im 19.5 now. During my past years of sigleness i hadnt a care in the world. I didnt mind being single. It was so easy in highschool. Now i feel so empty. Im dying to share some time with someone. The hardest part of being single is sitting at my buddies house when were all just hanging out, i wish i had someone there to put my arm around. Another hard thing about single is not being able to share birthdays and christmas together with someone. Those times were you can show that person that you think enough of them to want to make them smile, and spend time with them and family (theres or yours.).

Yupp, im feeling pretty alone right now. All i do is work and worry about money. I occasionally hang out with my buddy. who works opposite schedule and has a girlfriend.

Having someone else gives me some form of relief. Everything in life can be fighting you (family, money, work, the future) but at the end of the night you still have that girl who listens and understands, or can just lay with you.

Fricking James Blunt makes my emotions poor out faster then alchohol.

Never before have i wanted someone to just have a long relationship with (not forever but for a substantial amount of time, enough to make you want to be single again maybe?). and all the girls ive found lately just cant commit. The stereotype that all girls can and want to commit is BS.

I was single until a relatively late age - and I'll say the hardest part was external pressures.

1. I come from an old world family that expects its offspring to mary young and have lots of children!

2. Rumours spreading around my office that I was gay!

If you're single, quit thinking about it - start putting yourself into situations where you can have a good time and enjoy yourself. Get involved with things you like. If this means doing things alone - so be it! Eventually when you least expect it, people can sense this confidence and independence, and its quite attractive. Second, don't be afraid to make the first move! Too many good, shy guys out there, i think women mostly fail to understand that if they show interest to any guy it's a compliment - show a bit of interest and you'll have your pick...

Knowing you're the outcast, the misanthrope, the monster you always knew you were, and everyone else thought so too - they were just too polite to say it. Well, most of them; some just did. Gotta admire their honesty...

Whoa . . . you're a monster and because you're a monster, you're single? If you feel people perceive you that way, change your behavior.

i miss the companionship, the commitment, knowing someone wants to be with YOU.

whenever i used to have a bad day i would stop for a second and think about my boyfriend and then i'd feel better!

but the best things come to those who wait and when your ready for another relationship it will come to you so don't go looking for it!