What is the hardest part of being single?

Kevin T

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate going to bed alone! I want to be held every night while I sleep. When I wake up with a bad dream, I want someone there with me to hold me and tell me it's ok. And when I get scared in the night, I want someone there to protect me.

Sadly, I still have this problem b/c I'm in a LDR for the moment.

What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of being single and why?

Not having someone to turn to to share my innermost thoughts about life, my career, day, etc.

I find though that being single is the greatest joy ever because the only one you can lean on is you.

So it's truly a gift to be your one and only dependent.

Hugs, Rose

I don't really look at it as what's sucky about being single, other than when I think of major holidays or my birthday.

But, one thing that I like about being single is when someone approaches me, I don't feel guilty for talking to them, because I'm single. I feel guiltier talking to someone when they approach me when I'm in a relationship. Sucks, because they seem like really nice guys, and the ex wasn't. Then it reinforces the idea that, "Yeah, being single is better, because I wouldn't want to waste my time on Mr. Wrong when I could've spent time with Mr. Right."

The rude/prying questions from married and attached people about when I'm going to get married and am I aware my biological clock is ticking. hey - wait - those same people still ask those questions now that I'm dating someone!

I hate the "pity" reactions from certain people, particularly those who are unhappily married.

I don't like the awkward feeling of walking into a party alone (although sometimes that can be fun) and often I didn't like the immense effort and hard work involved in dating and going to singles events.

I hate the "pity" reactions from certain people, particularly those who are unhappily married.

Wow, I hear you there, my response is first comes education, then comes marriage, before I get tied down.

If they choose to judge, so be it, but I am getting what I want out of life, sucking it dry, and if they wanted to be tied down early on, that's for them, not me!

Get your cave ready? You mean get your mountain ready, since you can dance, sing, yell, do anything, you aren't held down now, enjoy it while it lasts!

I'm use to doing things by myself because i never had any offline friends or a man interested in me.I'm use to doing things alone but a man showing interest in me.I'm not use to that.

Wow, so many replies so quickly. Errh, anyway, I'll answer too:

I miss having someone to kiss, to hold in my arms, to cuddle with late at night in bed with and I miss not having someone to say "I love you" to. (I know, pretty well all physical stuff, but I'm a very physical person.) lol

Hey guys, why not look at being single as something positive?

It doesn't really help to think of all of the negative qualities about it, right?

Here are my reasons for being happy that I am single:

#1. I don't have to put up with my ex's whining/nagging behavior.

2. I don't have to put up with his arrogance.

3. I don't have to try to please his family anymore.

4. I can talk to whomever I please.

God, I am SO glad that I am single, and SO glad I am not tied down to him anymore! Being single isn't as bad if you think about it.

Think of all of the positive aspects of being single. You'll feel better that way.