waiting for a call or email

quietgrl

Dako,

My other thread was lock for asking for "where are the good men" so i don't know who on enotalone wants to help or support me. All i know i'm tired of my heart being bruise and i'm tired of crying over people period. I can't count on anyone when i need them.I have to put on this fake smile when i walk out my door and just to belong in this world. I have to accept less from people. Well not anymore i rather go back to my old life and stay by myself.I give people a chance all the time and all people do is overlook me.

Well i'm going to end this topic because everybody wants to move on to better topic anyway.Dako don't worry about me all i know is being alone and nothing else.Women like me aren't meant to experience going on dates and having boyfriends anyway

If he doesn't call you or send you any emails, then why don't you contact him and take it from there. Whatever the results are, at least you gave it a shot. You will never know until you try. Well, good luck with everything quietgrl.

I'm new here and I have no idea how to post my own questions. Any help would be appreciated.[/b] My situation is similar to yours quietgrl. This girl at my school asked for my phone number a while back. Then out of the blue she called me yesterday. However, I was foolish enough not to pick it up because the number was blocked. So, I had no idea it was her. What striked me was that it took her so long to call me and as to why she called me. There's no way I can call her back since it's blocked.

This girl is unpredictable. One minute shes sweet and nice, the next minute she act as if we never met. For example earlier today she came into my class looking for one of my classmates, but didn't bother to say hi to me at all. In the past we flirted regularly when we used to work together. Sometimes I think she's just a tease. Girls are just hard to read. If only they came with a manual, then dating would be a piece of cake.

Women like me aren't meant to experience going on dates and having boyfriends anyway

Quietgrl, you're completely normal for desiring male companionship. I firmly believe that what one thinks about her/himself internally is reflected back on the outside. When you think negatively the negative thoughts influence your outward behavior. People can pick up on this.

It's okay to feel down. All of us have our days when we feel down in the doldrums. What is most important is how you deal with these feelings about yourself and others.

I know it's hard not to focus on having a boyfriend right now. But I think that at this time, you should be kind to yourself. Stop thinking negative thoughts about yourself and realize that it's your God given right to reclaim back the happiness that you were born with. Do whatever makes you happy....take a warm bath, read a good book, watch a good movie, have a glass of cabernet, get your nails done, go for a drive in your car with your favorite CD playing, go get a latte....anything that makes you feel good. To meet people, you could try volunteering.

For example, I actually just applied to a program where I can become a handler for a pet therapy dog in the hospital where I work. Animals are wonderful and they love unconditionally. When you volunteer to help others you will feel good about yourself. These positive feelings will reflect outwardly. Why not try something like that?

Hang in there,

hosswhispra

hosswhispra,

Thanks for your post but I've been dealing with this people nightmare all my life.I'm just tired and don't feel motivated anymore when it comes to people.

Goodbye I'm not going to be posting on Enotalone anymore

Don't give up that easily, quietgrl. It's okay to feel sad, frustrated and hopeless at times. Again, what is most important is how we deal with those feelings. Many of us, including myself have been in a position or part of life where we felt like throwing in the towel. I am a firm believer that when the going gets tough, the tough get-going. Life is dynamic. It does not stay the same forever.....you're going through a rough spot right now and although it feels as though it's never-ending, it will end and it may get better....only if you allow it to.

hosswhispra,

Thanks for your post but I've been dealing with this people nightmare all my life.I'm just tired and don't feel motivated anymore when it comes to people.

Goodbye I'm not going to be posting on Enotalone anymore

hey - don't give up! I understand why you can feel so frustrated after not having any sucess in the romance department. I think you can change that though.

read some books about flirting - ie, how to flirt. I geniunely believe that the world is filled with lots of great, intelligent, good men who are just looking for great women. so, you just have to put yourself in situations where you can meet them.

have you considered talking to a therapist? are you very very shy? maybe if you broke down those barriers a bit, and learned to flirt, it could open some doors. I've found that most men won't go always for the most beautiful woman in the room, but the one who seems open and receptive.

ie, say that a man walks into a coffeeshop, and looks around at who is there. I think that he is far more willing to talk to the girl who is a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, and looks happy and smiling, rather than the girl who is a 10, but has an angry look on her face and is buried in her work.

anyways, good luck. if what you've been doing before hasn't gotten you results, it's time to try something new.

I am a bit confused why you posted this the day after you gave him the number, complaining about him not calling, when you yourself also said you were too chicken to even CHECKED if he called?

If you can't even check, how do you know whether he did not call???

It seems as if you give up before you even bother to try, and you are right, if you do that, you won't have much luck. Life does not "happen" to us, WE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

That's sad to hear.

QG, you need friends, not isolation.

I've been fighting depression and the best weapons against sadness are good friends.

Please reconsider.

Dako,

It's best that i stay by myself and not post on enotalone because what i need is a person to talk too and nobody has the time to talk to me offline.

quietgrl, i'll talk to you on msn if you like. (I live in the uk, i'm not phoning, i'd go bankrupt!!!!). Send me a pm if you want to.

i am worried about you - people here DO care about your problems, and we want you to be happy and to try and look at the areas in your life you can change. it's hard to get it right, and not be patronising, not be dismissive etc. but read these replies, people really do care!!!

sure, I think you should ask him out. like, a concrete day and time, ie, coffee, sometime this week. or maybe brunch or dinner or something.

giving you his number may not have been enough to get him to call you... especially if he's shy, he's not necessarily going to call you just to chat.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone considered the fact that this guy may simply have issues with workplace romances? Personally, I have major issues with it. There is nothing wrong with it, I just prefer not to. There are so many different cans of worms that can be opened up from workplace romances. I suppose it depends on the person involved. Do they feel it is worth it? Perhaps to him it is not.