waiting for a call or email

quietgrl

I'm new to this dating crap so my question might be stupid. .Ok i gave my male SHY co-worker my phone number and email address this Tuesday.I haven't check to see if he called me yet because i'm too chicken.

My question is how long should you wait for a person to call or email you before writing this person off.I'm getting ready to write this guy off because This guy is too shy to call or email me.

He works with you, right? He's shy? You like him? Ask him out...

You're new to dating and at the very least you'll learn from this.

Friscodj,

I give my male co-worker my phone number and email address yesturday(Tuesday).I know he's not going to call or email me becasue this guy is shy and probably not interest in me.I'm telling you i have bad luck with men.I'm going to stay by myself and give up on men

P.S I'm furlough from my job for 3 months and i won't see this guy until feb. think gosh.

Friscodj,

I give my male co-worker my phone number and email address yesturday(Tuesday).I know he's not going to call or email me becasue this guy is shy and probably not interest in me.I'm telling you i have bad luck with men.I'm going to stay by myself and give up on men

yeah, you are right, it's all over. give up on men. just go out and get 10 cats right now.

He works with you, right? He's shy? You like him? Ask him out...

You're new to dating and at the very least you'll learn from this.

dear quietgirl,

listen to friscodj , he has a very valid suggestion and I suggest that you follow it.

hiya frisco, I missed you heaps! im back as my old self...lets go tumble!!

Friscodj,

P.S I'm furlough from my job for 3 months and i won't see this guy until feb. think gosh.

The way I see it, this isn't so much about this one guy as it is about you. You're new to dating and if I could go back to the beginning (before I got all bitter and jaded) I would have loved to have gotten accustomed to taking control of situations and making things happen for myself instead of waiting for them to happen to me at the hand of strangers.

I guess one could argue you've done this already by giving him your contact info, but if this were me, I'd ask him out to lunch, something casual, and not stigmatize this as being that big of a deal...what one other person out of millions of others thought of me and my fears of how that potential negative perception might make me feel...

I'm going to stay by myself for now on. I'm not wasting my time on men anymore.Everytime i do the same thing happen so thanks for the advice but i don't see any man giving me a chance.

Oh come on, don't be so negative. I've said things like before about myself and women and have been very, very surprised...

I'm going to stay by myself for now on. I'm not wasting my time on men anymore.Everytime i do the same thing happen so thanks for the advice but i don't see any man giving me a chance.

Oh Dear!

Don't get so worked up about this! He may still call or you can ask him out to lunch.

In any case, you merily gave him your number and email, he may still contact you. Just don't let this consume your energy... Don't be so sensitive and don't worry so much!

Oh come on, don't be so negative. I've said things like before about myself and women and have been very, very surprised...

Frisco,

women have given you A chance but i've never ever been given a chance by no man. I'm tired of crying and i'm tired of hurting so i'm going back to my old life. Men don't want to give me a chance so i'm returning the favor.

Oh Dear!

Don't get so worked up about this! He may still call or you can ask him out to lunch.

In any case, you merily gave him your number and email, he may still contact you. Just don't let this consume your energy... Don't be so sensitive and don't worry so much!

It's not this one guy but 4 years of men's crap.I'm tired of it.I'm going to prepare my life without men.

I agree that you should stop looking and trying given your mindset. How about spending the time you would spend pursuing men doing volunteer work? I find my volunteer work self-fulfilling and I have made several good friends through it since I started almost 5 years ago.