Is this a sign of attraction? (Physical contact)

taurus21

I met this guy recently and we hung out for the first time yesterday. It wasn't a date--at least neither of us called it that--just a friend thing.

At a few diffrent times, we'd be sitting somewhere--a couch, a bench, a bed--and we'd end up sitting VERY close to each other. Like, shoulders and outside of our legs touching. I made no effort to move away and neither did he.

I have a slight crush on him, so maybe sitting so close was something I did subconsciously. Still, he seemed fine with the physical contact, and even when we were standing a few times, he'd come stand next to me so our shoulders were touching.

I'm wondering if this is is a sign he's attracted to me (as more than just a friend). Or could he just feel really comfortable and friendly towards me? Does this sort of physical contact happen with platonic relationships? I just don't want to read too much into this.

it would depend on the type of person he is. if it were me, it would definitely mean i was into you, as physical contact is not something i would easily have with the opposite sex [unless i was very much into them].

on the other hand, some guys may just be friendlier and more comfortable with being touchy/feely[?]

It could be that he is comfortable and friendly and the contact is nothing and it could be that he does want to initiate something more but doesn't know if you would be receptive. The only way is to let him know and you can do this by telling him or using body language. Get close to him, touch him say on the shoulder when you stand up and he is still sitting. Put your hand on his knee when you are talking to him and things like that. This gives him permission if you like, to step up a grade.

Thanks for the replies. Here is some more info. I don't know if any of this means anything though:

-He was kind of nervous and said "I'm not used to talking to pretty girls" at one point. But I think he's just a nervous/socially anxious person in general.

-He started talking about my eye color, and then told me he had some orange color in his eyes, and made me get really close to him to look. Like our faces were inches apart.

-He walked me home, and when we got to my door, I almost got the feeling he was going to kiss me. I'm really not sure though. There was that awkward "now what?" moment. But I got too scared and went inside before anything happened. ](*,) Maybe all that was just my imagination though.

yeah, i had a similar experience. My bf's best friend and i were sitting at the computer together and i kept leaning accross typing things and he never moved- our legs, arms and torsos were touching. he also seemed very comfortable and when we spoke to eachother our faces were really close. i was really confused too- i think it means they like you- one way or another. the lack of awkwardness in physical contact i reckon signifies an immediate bonding- like, both people are thinking- this feels good to be close to him/her.

i hope this helps

Thanks for the replies. Here is some more info. I don't know if any of this means anything though:

-He was kind of nervous and said "I'm not used to talking to pretty girls" at one point. But I think he's just a nervous/socially anxious person in general.

-He started talking about my eye color, and then told me he had some orange color in his eyes, and made me get really close to him to look. Like our faces were inches apart.

-He walked me home, and when we got to my door, I almost got the feeling he was going to kiss me. I'm really not sure though. There was that awkward "now what?" moment. But I got too scared and went inside before anything happened. ](*,) Maybe all that was just my imagination though.

He definitely likes you. Make it obvious you like him as well.