Smoking Question

I was brought up in a heavily anti smoking family. So forever I have had this extremely negative view about smoking yet had never tried it.

At this party on Saturday night, which i was soooooooo drunk at, when offered a cigarette i took it and started smoking. And then i couldnt stop!

Can anyone explain this? I really dont understand why I did this, i wasnt trying to impress anyone and i knew it would be bad for me.

Would you see this as a form of self destruction? I would really like to have your input on this.

(i paid for it the next day, i could barely breath and had a huge headspin)

You weren't trying to impress anyone?? I'd re-evaluate that. Smoking is stupid as hell. And I'm not saying that as a complete ousider; I used to smoke. It's disgusting and annoying. I hate having to wait inside a car for a guy who's gotta stand outside and smoke. I hate smelling it on people. I hate sitting next to friends who smoke and blow it in my face (not purposely, but hey, it happens).

I think you should think seriously about why you -- or anyone for that matter -- lights up. A lot of people use it as a crutch to escape insecurity, like how nervous people walk into a bar and immediately go get a drink.

not sure if the nicotine from a single cigarette would have stayed in your bloodstream long enough to cause headspins the next day. it may have been the booze, at least partly.

anyway, who knows why we do the things we do when we're drunk? one time i walked up to a band that was playing at a party and cranked one of the tuning keys on the bass guitar. don't ask me why; i barely remembered it in the morning.

i don't think the fact that you lit up once represents a subconscious self-destructive wish. maybe you just thought it would be interesting to try it and see what it was like?

No i dont think one cigarette will course head spins the next day, maybe when you first smoke it but not the next day, well i guess it might or some people, but it never did when i us to smoke and never heard of it happening to anyone i know yet at all.

I have super catholic family as well and i tried Cigars and i love them. But, self-control is where its at. Also after i tried once, i've had dreams where all i do is smoke then i wake up and crave cigerretes. And if you were raised anti-smoking wouldn't you be equally as anti-alcohol. A lot of people after they have drank for the first time puke and crave for it the next day, same thing for first time smokers, the get nicotine high and crave for it because you have no self control to stop your first time so usually you get yourself more then you normally would, great advice don't pick another one up while ur early in the game. You'll be saving your own life