Why does this always happen to me

SaRaHmArIe8588

Recently i met a new guy. Everything seemed to be going good for a week and then tonight i get hit with the big question. Where do you see this relationship going? He tried being nice about it but ive heard that line TWICE before. i got out of a serious relationship last month and i have to deal with THIS my first time back out there. Read what he wrote to me..in an IM! and tell me what you all think...

"i wanna be a man about this and be honest with you because im not looking right now for a relationship from anyone really im just looking for friends and if they are willing to have fun then i will but i gotta know what your plans are"

The two guys who gave me the same line both found gfs within a week or two. I know its not the relationship that they dont want...its me. How do i find these guys? Why dont i notice it? What do i do wrong to make them all of a sudden ask that dreaded question. Everything goes great, we make plans to hang out and all of a sudden, bam that question.

I'm not canceling my plans to hang out with this guy tomorrow, i wanna see where it all goes and get him to "be a man" and tell me the real reason. I saw something between us and the way we talked all week long, i thought he did too..

What do you all think? I dont know why i fall so easily for people i know i wont ever have a chance with..It just all seemed to perfect. I should have known

I think that happens when you are interested in someone, but then after a few times of hanging out with that person and getting to know that person better, you find out that you guys aren't really compatible. So you say "let's just be friends" instead of continuing on with the relationship. It happens. You just haven't found the right person yet . . . don't get discouraged!

I don't think you should generalise. My boyfriend said the same thing, and now he wants to marry me.

This guy obviously liked you a week ago, right? And saw some potential.. So there was probably something that happened in the last week to change his mind. I would say that it is in your post:

I saw something between us and the way we talked all week long, i thought he did too..

Okay, so you've only been seeing each other for a week, but you talked all week long. That may have been overwhelming for him. In the future, why not try seeing a guy only once a week at first. No need to rush. Let things slowly grow.

What do you all think? I dont know why i fall so easily for people i know i wont ever have a chance with..It just all seemed to perfect. I should have known

You did have a chance with him. That's how this whole thing started. He was obviously into you at some point.

My guess would be that you sabotaged the relationship before it even had a chance to start by falling so easily for him.

Relax a little and things should work out better next time.

I'd say you still even have a chance with this guy. When you see him, don't attack him for an explanation. Just say that you're not looking for anything serious either, and that you just want to see what happens. Then slowly win him over with your amazing personality and stunning smile!