totally serious or just playing?

Almost 2 years and being engaged already, sometimes i wonder how it would be if my bf lived just some steps from me. the idea i got from my friends having a relationship with people they can see in their same hometown make it like just "im just seing what happens, or more experience". actually i dont think thats the way it has to be.

i've only had one bf, and im still with him. when i accepted to be his gf, i was serious cause i knew a LDR werent not easy. anyway i did.

he was always talking about future, and asked me if i would like to live in his country, and telling me that he wants a house and to have a family with me. i never talked about it, he always mentioned.

now he's telling me that he's not worried about future plans, cuase he tryes to focus on tomorrow cuase you never know what could come, that you could die next day and all those plans were for nothing.

frankly it scared a little, so i askd him what he means with that, and if he isnt thinking about our future tgether. he said that he sees future happily, being next to me where we have to be( not in a serious tune of voice)

i know i shouldnt get worried for this but i do. what i have to think, is he still serious about us, or he's letting time and to see what happens??

ldr's become watery if the people involved don't join together. So either you move in with him or he with your or break it up. Your only emotionally damaging eachother by never being together. This is why he invited you, and if i was serious and i was you id give it a chance, just making sure that if things go wrong you can go back. Don't know your age, but if mature enough you might want to take the jump.

im 20 years old, and i dont consider myself enough mature yet ;P maybe i need to get my ideas clear. thats right and i agree with you say about if things go wrong i can go back. but im sure it would be very painful, i can't even think how it would be if that happens later.

anyway, thats what i would do if i notice he's only playing. i've already jumped... i hope not to fall hard

I'm being an optimist here, but it could be that when he talks about focusing on tomorrow, he means that although the future may be planned out, it can't be taken for granted...If you neglect everything in the interval between now and the future that you're thinking of, that future may not happen. Kind of like...instead of focusing on the destination, enjoy the road the gets you there?