Weird Situation!

BlueWolf

Interesting subject line, I know...

Anyway, it might not be the way you'd think of it (it's not like she's losing interest, in that sense).

Here is the original thread if anyone would like to read it also:

We have been going out since the 7th.

The 7th (when we got together), and the 14th were both amazing days - the only two days in addition to today that we spent time after school.

In school, things are different. In the mornings (pretty much every morning), she comes in tired or in a bad mood. Of course when I ask her she says everything is fine. Throughout the day there is not that much energy from her, I'd even venture to say she's boring during school. Some say she might be too emotional, and I assume she worries too much about things like school (although she is doing well).

She is clearly interested though. It isn't like she has low energy because she isn't interested. I've gone over that with her. However her behavior during school is making me feel as if I'm at fault. Basically throughout the school week this relationship isn't going anywhere. It's the same thing every day.

I've known that if someone acts a certain way that expands and makes other people act that way too. Here it is true, it's difficult for me to be energetic (like usual) when she's like that. I try but it doesn't work. I can lead a long conversation with other people easily but at school with her it doesn't work well (except those two great weekends we were together). I'm basically on the edge of breaking up with her.

It gets even better though. Read carefully because it gets confusing. Tonight:

We were both at a big football game at our school. Randomly we start talking about breaking up. She said her longest relationship was two (2) months. She said that she has always been the first one to break up with the guy and wonders (direct quote) "what it would feel like if the guy broke up with her first." She said she has always been the first to break up because one day she feels attracted to a guy and the next morning when she wakes up the attraction is gone. This is exactly what she said. It scared the **** out of me for some reason and naturally put my guard WAAAYYY up (can you blame me? I was already considering breaking up with her). So with that my trust of her just plummeted way down and I started looking at her in a different way, almost as her trying to lead me on.

She got all weird feeding me BS like: "I think this might be the longest of my relationships." And when I suggested breaking up she said we should try and give it two more weeks. "Give it two more weeks"? Am I a toy here?

After the game was over I admitted that what she said was kind of disturbing, and she said she was just warning me. So I remain floored and baffled. Confused.

Does she honestly want to try and stay in this longer as she said (or as I described it, "feeding me BS")? Or is she planning on dumping me and continuing with her record of always breaking up with guys first?

Now with everything she had said, I'd feel like a complete @$$ if she's the one to beak up with me first. I'm not sure if it was just frank honesty, and her just wanting me to get an insight as to how she is, or something else.

Combine what I just said (or what she had said tonight), with the low energy during the week, and things certainly aren't going the right way.

Suggestions as to how I should handle this? On one hand, she could be just as honest when saying that she wants this to last as she was honest about giving me an insight as to how she is…

Thank you for reading.

I probably won't see her this weekend, and I'm thinking of sending her an email (not breaking up via email - I'd do that in person since I hate doing important things such as breaking up and/or asking a girl out on the internet).

I'll probably just be honest as to how I feel regarding what she said. Sound like a good idea?

I don't think having that conversation by email or over the phone is a good idea because you can't see the reaction on her face.

It is possible that she's worried because her previous records haven't been good and she's thinking that when your relationship gets to 2 months she's scared the same thing will happen again.

I had a boyfriend when I was at school and I hated him following me around all the time, it was like having a shadow. In the end I told him it was over because I couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe you should give her a bit of space when you're at school/college?

Maybe she's not a morning person and needs space for a couple of hours? Why is she so tired on a morning?

It screams to me here that she isn't really terribly into you, wants to break up with you but doesn't care much either way (*We could give it two more weeks*) and probably wants you to end it to spare her the indecision (*I wonder what it would be like if the guy was the one who ended it?*).

This is just my interpretation based on the evidence available. If she wasn't a morning person and she was very into you, you'd be able to cheer her up in the mornings.

I don't think having that conversation by email or over the phone is a good idea because you can't see the reaction on her face.

It is possible that she's worried because her previous records haven't been good and she's thinking that when your relationship gets to 2 months she's scared the same thing will happen again.

I had a boyfriend when I was at school and I hated him following me around all the time, it was like having a shadow. In the end I told him it was over because I couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe you should give her a bit of space when you're at school/college?

Maybe she's not a morning person and needs space for a couple of hours? Why is she so tired on a morning?

The thing is that once on purpose I made it so we didn't see each other in the morning and she ended up chasing me with a sad face on (a few days ago literally). I don't know what that says but it is confusing. And I'll probably end it on Monday.

I want to make it clear where we stand with this. This is drama to the max. Without drama things would be quite boring, but I also have to say that sometimes I just hate the dumb-@$$ high-school kiddy drama.

Anyway, she was not planning on breaking up with me in the near future. She said she liked the subject and said that she's different because she likes topics like these.

When we were leaving the game yesterday (and before I understood why she brought the topic up), I wasn't acting amused at all and I let her know it. Again, a few times I really was on the brink of breaking up with her and each time it happened she didn't say "oh that's fine, go ahead." Her English isn't perfect and she offered every chance she could for us to stay longer. At one point I looked into her eyes with a look as if I was disappointed in her, then I looked away and when I looked back her eyes sparkled slightly more because she had tears (but she didn't cry).

We're still together, and both want to make that work... especially now that I know why she randomly brought the topic up.