I Like This Guy...

Okay so..I like this guy in my biology class. I told him yesterday, and he wasn't all weird(which is what I expected) He smiled, but joked with it saying "You don't need to like me..I'm bad. I'm aweful." Well I told him that I do, and he said "You don't really even know me." and I'm like "Well..so far I know that you're funny, and sweet.." and he broke in and said "and weird" and I said. "just a little.." and we laughed..there was an awekward silence, but he broke it by telling me I have nice eyes. The whole conversation, we didn't stop smiling at eachother. Anyway, in class he jokes around with me alot, and I often find him staring at me (I think maybe he's just trying to get my attention and make me laugh?) My friend thinks he likes me too, but how do I know for sure?

welcome to eNotalone.

LOL - don't ASK a guy if he likes you! obviously, he evaded the question, so now you are left wondering. he didn't say yes or no. in fact, he even tried to talk you out of liking him. normally, i'd say that's a bad sign, but I take it you guys are in high school, so maybe he's not confident and sort of shy.

if you really want to know, ask him out. go get coffee or something. see what happens.

good luck

well.... there are some members here that could give you advice better on this.... but I wouldn't just go up to a guy and tell him I like him. that's kind of like hitting him over the head with a baseball bat, don't you think?

I think being kind of flirty is better. tease him about something. smile at him as you're walking away. make him wonder about you. laying it out there kind of kills the flirtatious mystery.

Lol yeah I kind of figured, but he acted the same as he always had today. So..whatever? Whatever happens happens I guess. Tons of eye contact..innocent playing around and joking..stuff like that...Did I mention I love his eyes? And he told me a while back that he loves mine..eh. Everyone tells me that though. Anyway! Thanks!

Lol yeah I kind of figured, but he acted the same as he always had today. So..whatever? Whatever happens happens I guess. Tons of eye contact..innocent playing around and joking..stuff like that...Did I mention I love his eyes? And he told me a while back that he loves mine..eh. Everyone tells me that though. Anyway! Thanks!

I think the point is rather than leaving it to fate you can choose your approach to avoid being overwhelming.

well.... as of right now, there is nothing to cling onto.... he hasn't asked you out, and now you are just kind of sitting there wondering....

In the future, I would suggest setting up a study date with a guy or asking him to come with you and some friends to a concert, before you just walk up to him and tell him you like him.

as you noticed, that approach won't get you very far.

yeah, men like it when you tell them you like them, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll go out with you! men don't get hit on too frequently, so it is a huge ego boost when a girl does. but, yeah... like you saw.... doesn't mean that he'll ask you out then!

There is a good book, "Why men love *beeps*" by Sherry Agrov. (The beep is a word that rhymes with witches!) She has a good example. many men love to chase and pursue. It is like a hunter. he will go away for the weekend, go camping, eat bad food, not shave or shower, and he will shoot a moose, and then drag it back home on the roof of his car, and proudly display it. That is a moose he worked hard to get! On the other hand, if you just dropped a dead moose on his porch - it could be the very same moose that he spent the weekend hunting - he will want nothing to do with it.

Lol. And just because he may not like me now, doesn't mean he won't in the future. I got the rest of the semester biology class, and lunch with him, so I may luck up, but if I don't, that's fine too. I've just had alot of relationship problems. Mainly because of my dad. We don't want to gt into that.

Lol. And just because he may not like me now, doesn't mean he won't in the future. I got the rest of the semester biology class, and lunch with him, so I may luck up, but if I don't, that's fine too. I've just had alot of relationship problems. Mainly because of my dad. We don't want to gt into that.

well... in that case, I bet you are better off playing it cool, don't sit around for this guy. he knows you like him, the ball is in his court. don't forget to meet other guys. sometimes, a guy will notice that you are slipping away and will ask you out when he sees you aren't as into him anymore.

do you want to talk about the problems with your dad?

I have alot of guy friends. What's funny..is that his friend sits infront of me..and messes with stuff on my desk..and tries to play with my hair when I have my head down and teases me and stuff. He doesn't say anything, but I know he notices it.

As far as my dad..He cheated on my mom while she was pregnant with me and left. Well he's never wanted anything to do with me so I've never had a manly figure in my life. Ergo I don't know how to act around guys, and whenever I do get a boyfriend I get scared theyre going to hurt me just like my dad did, so I'm really careful about stuff like this.

Vicii..

Hiya..........I agree with Annie. I think flirting and teasing with this guy is yourbest bet. You already TOLD him you like him. It sounds as if there is mutual interest..SO FAR...but..I would let him make the next move.

Sometimes unspoken words are best...ie, "I like you".....if yu are flirting..thats a given. Mystery is a BIG turn on. Be mysterious. If he DOES ask you out....tell him you need to see when you're available. I would NOT go out with him at the drop of a hat.

Have fun with it. You are in high school ..and THAT is what being young is all about. So...just go out and have a great time.........

Vicii..

Hiya..........I agree with Annie. I think flirting and teasing with this guy is yourbest bet. You already TOLD him you like him. It sounds as if there is mutual interest..SO FAR...but..I would let him make the next move.

Sometimes unspoken words are best...ie, "I like you".....if yu are flirting..thats a given. Mystery is a BIG turn on. Be mysterious. If he DOES ask you out....tell him you need to see when you're available. I would NOT go out with him at the drop of a hat.

Have fun with it. You are in high school ..and THAT is what being young is all about. So...just go out and have a great time.........

Thanks. I'm not really sure what else to say. This is really helpful.

I've put in some serious thought about the type of guys I like. I don't want to really..talk about it cause it's an embaressing subject for me, but what I find to be utterly ironic, is that I always choose the wrong ones. Ah well. "Good things come to those who wait."

Thank you so much Annie. You've been a wonderful help to me.

Vicii..If it's ANY help..I think you have the right mindset. The guy SOUNDS interested....best I can say so far is just keep it playful, flirty and light. You'll see what his intentions are I hope it works out for you. Please keep us updated!!!

Hehe. Thank you, and don't worry. If anything good happens you'll both be one of the first to know.