I'm hurting all over again, Hopes crushed

So it has been over a year. The girl I wanted decided she would get back to her ex instead of me, and that broke my heart in a million ways. I decided then that I have to move on, whether she knows she hurt me or not. I thought I would just stop being her friend, because there is just no way she didn't know I cared so much.

Then months down the road she texted me, baited me in by the heart. More months went by, random texts that only got me to jump. I sort of felt I was getting over her, but that false hope squashed all that healing. Then I found out from a girl that she was getting cheated on all the time.

Then with in the month I foolishy checked her myspace. It said single, my jaw hit the floor, I wasn't happy for her pain, just sort of that thought. "Maybe I have a chance now." Wrong.

She texted me more often now, and started getting in my thoughts again. Now I haven't heard from her in about 3 weeks. I checked her page, and all it has on it is that she is "happp as ever" and it says "in a relationship", and how she has "learned to forgive". Man what a blow waking up, I feel so hurt all over again, and stupid.

I'm hurting again, I'm thinking that I have become nothing but her fall back desperation plan. I have tried to heal and ignore her and forget about her, you all know how that is. I just can't get there. What do you do when you have this feeling that the other person doesn't care about you, but the other side says keep fighting though the pain and hope they want you again some day.

I think I'm getting pathetic, she is not my friend, a friend would never hurt me like this. Where can I go from now, please anyone give advice as a good friend, I could use one right now. It's so hard to get up and move on when I feel so empty.

Aww listen to a girl thats been through the same BS as you, don't let her take you down, my ex bf did the same thing, I forgave him..... guess what.... well of course.... duh...... he did it again, heartbroken for the 2nd time. Guard your heart please....?????

Sorry to hear this, man.

After being on thias board for a few days I am realizing that a lot of people are just really screwed up. Fidelity, faithfulness, commitment all mean nothing to people like this.

My case is really tough as my "ex" has many issues for which I cannot blame her. Abused as a child, sexual problems her whole life, and on Prozac which, in my opinion, has done her way more harm than good. Other health factors also play a major role (we are downwinders of a nuke plant which has damaged her thyoid and which thus screws up all her hormones and thereby her mind)

But the fact is that more and more I read about these females and males who just totally disregard the feelings of others and keep stringing people along, the more angry I get at my own situation and situations like yours.

People like this, with no morals or values are simply no good. They are toxic.

Karma will get them.

Run like crazy from anyone who treats you like this.

Aww listen to a girl thats been through the same BS as you, don't let her take you down, my ex bf did the same thing, I forgave him..... guess what.... well of course.... duh...... he did it again, heartbroken for the 2nd time. Guard your heart please....?????

Yes Im listening.Sandyv.. It's so crazy to see a picture of her smiling. Like she has no idea that I'm over here in my world misserable. All she had to do was be stong and say she has no feelings for me. I would be okay today, now she has only made me resent her more, and be sort of afraid of girls. This sucks.

Seventh...I get mad too when I read about them to. It's an unbelievable disappointment when a girl does this because I look at them as fragile and very sensitive to other peoples feelings. Thus, ofcourse I believe there is no way she doesn't know Im hurting. Whew, Prozac can take away the pain, but it can't take the crazy out of someone. i thought karma got her when she got dumped, but hey, they say karma strikes 10 fold. Maybe she will get dumped 10 times.

My ex went back to his ex from 3 years ago, after swearing he "didn't love her the way a man should love a woman" and claimed he would never hurt me like that, he did, I forgave him, f...k he does it yet again, he didn't even have the integrity to tell me the 2nd time he was at it again...... yeah I feel like I got hit by a Mac truck, and got tossed into the curb like roadkill, I do feel your pain... but slowly, things will improve, for you and me and all of us

Gottaletitburn. Sounds like you are telling my story, although the last I heard he broke up with her and I don't think they have got back together. I don't have a clue though.

It sucks that people like this are put into our lives to mess things up and leave us feeling like this. I'm never going to get it at all.

I do believe what you say about karma is right. I don't think that her and her ex will last and it will probably end badly. That's not up to us though and all we can do is work back to the place we were before we met these people.

We'll get there and in the mean time you can talk to me, I'm going through the exact same thing.

I just can't believe her, it's rediculous. She plays stupid with me. One time I actually sent her a text, and then later when she text me a month later out of the blue. She said I was a liar and she never got that text. I should have said right there that Im tired of her lieing, she is full of it.

She has a cold heart, and there is no denying that, that is what I believe deep down. She is very cruel. My mom told me later that she thought she was a B**** the first time she saw her and she could see this girl was into herself.

I can't believe how my mom was right. It's the feeling though they don't go away no matter how much the other person betrays you.

This is why I advocate NC often in instances like this. When there is a lack of balance in feelings, it's easy to get sucked back in. It's like Wylie Coyote, he just needs to forget about the Roadrunner and find something else but he can't resist the thought of victory! Even the slightest of obsessions can make us put our own heads on the chopping blocks. Heal and move on.

RC

Yeah, sometimes I think, she is not even worth it, I get up the nerve to tell her to leave me alone. Then I don't here from her to say that, and the next time we talk I lost my nerve.

She won't leave me alone, when I just start to heal. It's not everday texting me, it's out of the blue when I'm still down and out and finally regaining my balance. I really appreciate the advice RC. Simple, but I like thinks that are simple to remember.