Is it Wrong to have a 1 Nite Stand

hammer

I really appreciate the input from all of you, it is good to see things from so many different views or angles. What is really neat about this topic also is the amount of female's that have given advice (on doing the one night stand)

I really do appreciate all of your comments & support, and I will definetly update you all tomorrrow to let you know what the final outcome is of tonites evening.

Thanks

You know what? I would have a one night stand. I've read this thread with interest, and pros and cons. But I think having great sex with no strings can be a tremendously life affirming event, to reintroduce sex as fun and fantastic, rather than tied up in the mess of your marriage. Comfort, fun and sex are absolutely fine, so long as you're both clear that it's just about the moment.

I have read some poster saying tht they dont disagree with one noght stands. Unfortunately i seriously disagree with it. I dont believe one night stand are healthy, reason being it is a health risk! ondom or not just because you are horning and want to get laid are you willing to get AIDS if happens?

I am not a prude, but i believe because of a one night stand you risk getting a sexually transmitted disease i would say tht it is not worth it. Even though you are wairing a condom do you know tha tyou can get Lice?

Not worth it.

I'm not exactly sure what that means.

But it really amuses me when some people in this forum act as if they are the authority on enlightenment and other people are just shallow and empty.

not half as much as it amuses me that you would call me shallow, as you did in a previous post. that's probably the one epithet that HASN'T been hurled at me before.

and what makes you say that i act as though i am the authority on enlightenment (i am the "some people" you refer to, after all)? the fact that i mentioned it in a post? would make you the authority on herpes, crabs and warts?

peace on you.

Here is my update after last night ......... my friends had called me and told me where they were going to be, my plans were to meet them there.

However, plans do change ...... as a matter of fact, my daughter (11 yrs old) plans got changed also. (I definetly would not leave her unattended at this age for any length of time) So her and I stayed at home together, I helped her clean her room and sort through her closet and stuff.

We watched a bit of TV and ate popcorn, to me this nite was far more rewarding then what MY originals plans consisted of.

I believe these plans were changed for reason ........

not half as much as it amuses me that you would call me shallow, as you did in a previous post. that's probably the one epithet that HASN'T been hurled at me before.

and what makes you say that i act as though i am the authority on enlightenment (i am the "some people" you refer to, after all)? the fact that i mentioned it in a post? would make you the authority on herpes, crabs and warts?

peace on you.

i think there is a huge distintion between calling someone's actions shallow, and calling a person shallow.

I have found meaning in one night stands. That may have been a shallow behavior, but I don't think it means I am a shallow person.

I also don't think you are a shallow person.

How can you assume that someone is shallow until you know their history, their thoughts, and their motivations? Until you've actually lived their life?

peace back,

the herpes crabs warts queen

Here is my update after last night ......... my friends had called me and told me where they were going to be, my plans were to meet them there.

However, plans do change ...... as a matter of fact, my daughter (11 yrs old) plans got changed also. (I definetly would not leave her unattended at this age for any length of time) So her and I stayed at home together, I helped her clean her room and sort through her closet and stuff.

We watched a bit of TV and ate popcorn, to me this nite was far more rewarding then what MY originals plans consisted of.

I believe these plans were changed for reason ........

The evening that you had with your daughter actually sounds more fun....and safer too

i think there is a huge distintion between calling someone's actions shallow, and calling a person shallow.

I have found meaning in one night stands. That may have been a shallow behavior, but I don't think it means I am a shallow person.

point taken. it would have been better for me to say, "shallow behavior", especially since people who have had one-nighters are a group to which i am myself belong.

i still believe that those for whom orgasm is the ultimate achievement suffer from a distinct lack of emotional depth, so i hope it's all right if i meet you halfway.

Don't take the chance with one-night stands. What does it prove? It only proves that you are as low as your ex-wife. It may make you feel even lower about yourself. If you want to feel young again, go to the gym, join sports, and other activities. Maybe now is a good time to set a goal in life, that you've always wanted to accomplish.

I do feel young again, as I am doing many more things independently, and actually have more fun doing them.

At this point, I find one night stands as a confidence builder .... what I mean by that is, firstly you are still able to attract the opposite sex and secondly it is for a "short period" it may make you feel good about yourself.

The difference between me and my wife is, she had hers pre-planned, and actually let her feelings get involved. One nite stands, really should not involve your feelings, as it is just like it says "one nite stand"

I think what she did is far lower then having a one nite stand, as she hurt many people along the way and during this whole fiasco. A one nite stand would be between you and the other person, nobody else should be involved.

Who are the shallow people? The ones having the one night stands?

Because I'd say that juding someone based on that is shallow in itself.

really??

it is not shallow to have one nigh stands? when did that happen?

or is it deep to have one night stands??

Do people that have one night stands feel 'deeper' or do they usually regret it??

Does regretting an action mean you are shallow OR continually having one night stands and regretting make you shallow?