over emotional :(

Yvette84

anyone else got this problem?? if so...how did you improve on it??? I am WAY over sensitive and over emotional! It drives every guy i'm with CRAZY! I take everything personally and get my feelings hurt easily too. I cry at everything and let my emotions control me! How can I improve on this and become more thick skinned and stronger???

Yvette, I am like you too. I get over emotional about things, overanalyze things, freak out about stuff, etc., etc. I worry too much and ruminate over people's actions again and again and again.

In my case, I found that taking anti-anxiety meds has helped to curb my anxiety and calm me down. I still get worried over things, but the intensity isnt there. I also realize that worrying doesnt get me anywhere and is really not constructive to accomplishing anything.

I am/was like that... diagnosis, meds and counselling helped me. But I have bipolar disorder, so it probably isn't the same thing.

I still am high-strung, but I have gotten better at controlling my responses and reactions. I just don't give in to outward expression as much anymore (ah yes, bottling things up!).

Are you on the pill? Many people say that going on the pill makes you over-emotional, but it was the exact OPPOSITE for me.

I was emotional BEFORE I went on the pill, but once I got on it, nothing bothered me. I really calmed down.

Just a suggestion.

Now I'm off the pill again (because it was making me feel overly-tired all the time, I would literally go to sleep whenever I came home from work).

Are you on the pill? Many people say that going on the pill makes you over-emotional, but it was the exact OPPOSITE for me.

I was emotional BEFORE I went on the pill, but once I got on it, nothing bothered me. I really calmed down.

Just a suggestion.

Now I'm off the pill again (because it was making me feel overly-tired all the time, I would literally go to sleep whenever I came home from work).

Nope. I'm not on the pill.

I'm simply crazy. I was the same before I started BC and the same now I've been on it for a few months.

Some of us are just intrinsically kookoo.

I think you're right, it is possibly just a personality trait some of us have. And when I find a man thats willing to deal with it for good, I know he's the one