girls...thoughts?

Hi,

So lately I've been feeling a bit off. I don't really know how to explain it. All of my girlfriends are telling me that it sounds like I'm pregnant...but I don't think thats the case. I mean I have all of the right symptoms except one. I have still been getting my period. What do you think are the chances of still having your period while you are pregnant? I have heard of this but I'm not sure. Also to add...I haven't had the possibility of a pregnancy since the beginning of August. So I'm thinking thats not it. They just have me paranoid. But my question is....what else do you think it could be? I have had little episodes of getting sick throughout the day and then they'll leave and I'm fine. I went to the doctor and he just said that if it gets worse to come back...he didn't do any tests though. So I'm confused. Its been lasting a few weeks. Any thoughts?

ask your Dr. for a pregnancy test, or do one yourself, just to clear that worry out of the way. Yuo ahve a male Dr.? I'd look into getting a woman Dr. becuase mine is totally understanding of woman related issues, and more concerned that males are in general. It could be a digestion problem: have you been eating at weird times, or recently changed your diet, exercies, or sleeping patterns lately?

hey sasky..

typically women can bleed while they are pregnant but it is not like having a full fledged period. its sometimes referred to as consception spotting and can last up to the first 2 months of pregnany.

i guarantee if you take a pregnancy test and realize your not pregnant, your sick spouts will go away.

this may sound crazy but girls who think they are pregnant actually convince their bodies to show symptoms of this.

if it gets worse within the next few weeks, i would recommend seeing a doctor.

Erm i hate to worry you, but my mum had periods all the way through with me and it wasnt till she was 7 months gone that her doctor finally worked out she WAS pregnant!! She thought she was, but each month he kept telling her no mrs X your definitely NOT pregnant.

Pregnancy tests and doctors (haha) are a lot more advanced these days, so i would definitely do one to put your mind at rest.

Hee hee hee DizzyDoris (love the name) my mom had periods for the first few months with me as well - which is why they didn't find me until she was doing all of the routine pre-surgery stuff (funny story really).

Anyway, I am inclined to think that you aren't pregnant. Take a test to ease your mind. I can relate to the "convincing yourself when you are worried" thing - the last five days of the pregnancy scare were the worst!

Perhaps you are under more stress or anxiety than before? Those can both cause a lot of physical symptoms (fatigue, nausea, irritability etc)

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I am...but I might do a test just to be completely sure...couldn't hurt. I have been under a lot of stresss lately due to exams and such, but it usually doesn't affect me like this. Maybe I'm just feeling the stress and anxiety. That would make sense. I also got my doctor to put in a referal to a female doctor. Should make future appointments easier.