It's NORMAL!!! It's been 3 months for me as well and I'm just starting to really feel back to myself more or less. And it only started happening after I completely gave up on a relationship or any chance of a friendship with him. Total 100% No Contact. It's the best way to heal.

Work on yourself. You'll meet the one for you!

We have mutual friends and as you all know Halloween is next weekend. We are both going to the same party. I’m so upset. I haven’t cried in weeks and now it like waterfalls. As for my story it’s so complicated that I don’t have the energy to relieve it as this point in my life. I did give up on the relationship as well as the friendship, but not until just last night. He was very nice to me but the things he said to me were horrible and hurtful. But I listened and left crying. I accept it even though I don’t want to. I will do anything to stop the pain that has overcome me. It has affected everything around me.

It’s so hard to want a person to hold you and tell you everything will be ok and say they wish they could take the pain away, when that person that fought for so long for me to open up has left me in the wind.

kimmie11479 keep your head up, like Jayar says that is not much time at all! It's been 2.5 months for me and I'm just starting to realize I need to LET GO or I will never get over him. We were together 3.5 years so I really don't know how long this will last, I gave myself a timeline of 3.5 months, even made an excel spreadsheetl but you know what? Life doesn't work that way.

Do you have to go to this Halloween party? It's so hard when you all have the same friends, it''s like your ife ahs been changed, ripped apart and you had no control; and his life remains the same; same friends, same parties.

I'm facing a similar dilema, supposed to do a Habitat for Humanity gig this weekend with him and his new 'friend' and I don't know if I can do it, going to see of they have an alternate.

I feel your pain. It's been about the same amount of time for me and I've stunk at NC. I contacted him today and asked what he was feeling now that we've had some time apart. I wish that I hadn't done it. I know I don't want to hear the answer but some part of me thinks it might help me heal. I doubt it will help at all, it will probably make me feel worse. Just keep plugging along and stay NC!