Here's the thing. My fiance left months ago, been doing NC for over a month, but ex still sends me "hello" texts every week; I dont respond. Anyway last night I was deleting our old IM's from my PC and archived texts from my cell and there was one unsent text I wrote just days after he left. Says "Cant sleep, I still miss you but trying my best to move on. Hope you're doing better. I will always love you." Ok that's how I felt before but am ok now. Due to my negligence, instead of hitting the DELETE key, I hit the SENT button.

Geez, I try to do the right thing by removing him from my life and then I make this fumble! Do I worry? HELP!!

p.s. - Blane, you know me

Welcome to Enotalone!

It was a mistake and there's not much you can do about it now that you already sent it.

If he responds, you can choose to either ignore it or say sorry it was an accident.

But for now it was just a silly mistake and I wouldn't let it get to you! Afterall, you know how you are really feeling.

Oh dear! Well, I think the best thing you can do at this point is just delete it from your mind and pretend it never happened. Maybe block him from your email account so if he does respond you won't see it? I wouldn't try sending an explanation, I think that might just make it worse. Sounds like you are well on your way to being over it, so I'd just get back on track and whenever you think about it, just Delete, Delete, Delete!

haha i know that feeling...

the other day i sent my ex an IM by accident. i think he signed on as i was clicking another name on my buddy list.

either way, i just responded with "whoops wrong im"

it looks suspecious for sure, but the best advice i can give is continue on deleteing and just brush it off

Oh no! I can really feel for you! I'd be gutted if that happened to me but like the others said you can't change it and you're best just trying to ignore it.

I know how it goes though - a while ago I was really cheesed off with my boss and I sent a friend a text about him....however ACCIDENTALLY I sent it to my boss as he had the same first initial and I just hit send. Didn't realise until later when I spoke to my friend and asked him why he never responded....when he told me "I never received a text" I was like OH NO...... ](*,)

Thank goodness I didn't put anything TOO severe in it....

Hmm....Do this: Pretend you changed your number and a new girl has your old number and she is looking for "Charlie" or whoever. You can text "Hello Charlie this is Marie, did you get my message?"

Maybe you can cover yourself that way. Just a thought.

Good one Friggin. However I think I mentioned my ex's name in it. Oh well that's ok. He has not responded so that's good. It's been almost 2 months since he left and it doesnt bother me anymore (BIG thanks to ENA). Quite funny really. Note to self: Don't mention name on future text messages.