survey: who was friends with their partner for more than a year before falling in lov

markfromark

survey: who was friends with their partner for more than a year before falling in love?

I read here all the time that people were good friends with someone for several years before they 'converted' into love?

How common is that?

Why didn't it happen earlier?

Were you just not attracted in a romantic fashion? What made you change your mind?

I was for 2 years. Not close friends for a long time, but we lived in the same house on different floors (housemates with some shared facilities). We got closer and closer once he got over his shyness, and the more I got to know him the more I felt there was more to this friendship. This was in december last year. In January went out, as friends, but there was something in the air that day. I put this away because I thought there was no way he was into me and in addition, we were housemates!

One sweet day (a week after that date) I got an email saying that he just could not fight his feelings anymore and had to tell me and didn't know how. So there it was. For me, the feelings had just started although I always fancied him. He had been in love for quite a long time and couldn't bare being just friends while we got closer. We started a relationship and we are now 9 months together, and very very happy. I had to move to a different town pretty soon after we got together (new job), so things changed from being housemates to a distance relationship over 200 km. But it is the BEST relationship I ever had. We knew each other really well, in a way it takes away a lot of tension (without taking away the passion, after all, being intimate is as exciting as it is with a 'new' partner, maybe more difficult because you have gotten used to the idea of NOT doing 'that' with that friend).

Well, hope this is what you were looking for!!

ilse

I was friends with my girlfriend for 3 years before starting our relationship. She was in a relationship with someone else the whole time, so the idea never came to mind that we could be lovers. 3 months before we started dating we were in a situation that had us hanging out together, alone, alot. That led to her realizing how bad her boyfriend treated her, and getting out of the relationship. That was roughly 15 months ago, and we're now living together =)

I always believe that once a girl sees a guy as "just friends" it will never ever change... regardless of how great a person he may be.

Forget about how good or wonderful you are as a man. Once a woman says that you are her friend that is what you will be.... for the rest of your lifetime!

I have personally undergone that painful experience. I know for sure that my female friend likes me a lot but she will not admit her feelings. I don't belong to her religion (Judaism) and that makes me an undatable man in her eyes. But the painful part is she will not even admit that she has feelings. And I don't know how to find out... I don't even care if we date or not... I just want to know how she truly feels about me

my second wife and i were friends for about five years before we got together. we both had others during that time and i never thought of her in a romantic way until one day i went over to her house to party with her and some other friends, and the two of us ended up taking some acid (hey, it was a looong time ago and i'm just trying to be honest here). that trip seemed to glom us right together.

I first kissed her when when I was 16 at a party, this is the first night we ever met. But I didn't want a relationship

So it was 12 years before we actually got together! Not close friends during that time, but friends nonetheless....

In fact....

When she was young I was friends with her and her fiance....

When she was slightly older I knew her boyfriend.....

When she was slightly older again, I was friends with her and her new fiance!

Now, I didnt see her at all for years at a time over this 12 years, but would always get on well with her when I did....

5 years later, she dumped me...

and I doubt I will be friends with her and her next SO! But always friendly if I see her.

survey: who was friends with their partner for more than a year before falling in love?

I read here all the time that people were good friends with someone for several years before they 'converted' into love?

How common is that?

Why didn't it happen earlier?

Were you just not attracted in a romantic fashion? What made you change your mind?

My fiancee & i were friends for a year & a half before we feel love

Why didn't it happen earlier??? I think the Timing wasn't right. A lot of things we both learn & had to go through before we could appreciate eachother.

I was in a relationship for the first 6 months of our meeting. I had some issues I needed to work out (came out of an abusive relationship). So I did a lot of self discovery for the next year.

The more I learnt about myself & what I wanted & my passions. happened to be the same time period we started car pooling to work & hung out more. The more time we spent together he became my best friend & I realized, he was everything I ever wanted.

But we never discussed it, till one day I straight out asked him if he had feelings for me. He told me than, it was far more than just feelings.

And since than....we've been in love