I just broke up with my girlfriend last tuesday however I cannot seem to get her out of my mind and she keeps pushing to remain friends and tells me she still has feelings for me and sees us back together sooner or later but right now just cannot be in a relationship. She told me she is much 2 young and wants to be free, the only problem is is that I live in a different city right now for school and only got to see her one or 2 days a week and the rest of the time she did what she wanted, I also always told her to do what she wanted. She likes to party alot as well. She is 19 I 'am 20 we had been great friends for a year and always liked each other but neither of us ever acted on it until about 2 months ago. She told me she really liked me and assured everything was fine and that I was the greatest guy shes ever had then last weekend she went to a movie with me and all of her friends went to another city for a party. The next day I talked to her and she seemed very depressed I asked her what was wrong she told me it was her friend leaving for Iraq upon prying more she told me that she was happy with me just not as happy because she felt like she could be free with me even though she knew she would regret it and that we would be together sooner or later. Now she calls me to say hi and Im's me alot. I dont know what to do should I give her her space and she will be back? Or should I just forget about her and move on with life and stop talking to her all together because I think talkingto her is making matters worse for me where as she seems not to care, and wants to remain friends and told me stopping talking to her owuld be childish. Even though her excuse for breaking up with me seemed very childish. Please help me out I 'm a lost soul right now. she also told me she would not do anything with any other guys. Also she did a survey on myspace and it said if she wants to get back with me sooner or later and she said she wished she wasnt so scared of long term relationships. Also we waited to make love or anything like that because she considered me that special and wanted to wait until it was the best time for it so we didnt ruin our relationship.

Your situation is too common. Do not have the mistakes belief that staying her friend or hanging around in the background will end up in her coming back to you. It'll end up in false hope for you and a broken heart in the end when she finds some other guy. So tell her you only want a relationship with her or nothing else, and if she's not with you on it, time to request cutting all contact.

Hey thanks alot man ya I 'm on the flip side of being upset over it. I told her either I want a relationship or were done. She told me once again that she still has strong feelings she just cant be in a relationship right now cuz she wants to experience life. I said well ok so do I. So I have gone to the no contact with her. I also really dont have the feelings for her anymore. I feel like I like her but dont want her unless she grows up.

Good for you, you do smart to stick with this line of thinking. Just realize that most likely she's not gonna respect your request for no contact and she'll come at you with some BS. Best way to handle is to not get caught up in the false hope and address her intentions as soon as she contacts you. You don't want to get involved in psychological games cause they don't work in the end and only leave you broken up when you find that out. Nothing wrong with asking her "Are you interested in getting back together with me?" That way you get right to the point and can reject her friendship if she offers it.

See an I just feel like she thinks I will always be there for like when she grows up and wants to get back into something. Her mom made mention that we should just be friends and then get back into something to my ex and all this stuff. I just feel like im being put 2 the back of her priorities and she thinks that I will always just be there for whenever she realizes she has grown up a bit.

I agree with that. Like I 've figured out as hard as it is for me not 2 talk to her I think what I will do is only talk to her when she starts up a convo. with me first. Is this a good plan? Also one of her friends told her that if she was having such a hard time making a decision then she prolly didnt like me as much as she thought, which I thought was just stupid advice. My ex also will not meet with me face to face as of right now. She also asked me if she could still come to Hawai'i with me this summer and stay in the same room and stuff. I dont know if shes just confused she told me she wishes we woulda dated later in life because she looks at me as more of a long term guy and thats what I will prolly be to her someday. I agree though I need not to take a back seat, I think I need to look for other options and if this was ment to be with her it was ment to be and if not I will jsut move on and forget her.