wow, she owned me. (READ)

FamousAmos

ok so theres this girl that ive liked for a while now. and homecoming is just around the corner. so for the past 4 days, she kept asking me who i like. so today i finally gave in, and told her i liked her. and this is how it went.

her YOU JUST PLEASEEE TELL ME WHO U LIKE?

me: ok, look i really like you

her: awwww!!! AHAHAHAHA THATS CUTE, well cya at school tomorrow u DORK

now am i not right when i say, WOW WHAT A RUDE RESPONSE. i mean really, she sent me mixed signals. cuz why else would a girl be so curious and want to know who i like so badly.

how should i handle this?

Move on. She sounds like a b****. You could ask her why she did that, but I doubt you would get an answer that would make you feel better.

I noticed your age. Know that not all girls are like this, and you will eventually find someone who won't group you into stupid little school categories like dork or nerd, and see you for who you are. School is very different from the outside world because, since it's disconnected and pretty much unwatched other than the basic requirements of being there, it forms its own little ecosystem, much like a prison. Read Paul Graham's article, link removed, for what I consider a good analysis (even if you're not a nerd, don't let the title fool you). She is probably just playing the game, so to speak. You deserve someone who is above all that.

I understand the first message.. but the second text was really unnecessary. and I think she IS trying to make you feel bad. why? I don't know some girls at that age enjoy games and eliminating the boys who like them cause they wanna be popular I guess. and yeah I think this is due to the school age.

I know this is mean but it seems to be standard in the teen world so text her back and say something like "big deal, you're too ugly fo me anyway" then ignore her.

She called you a name, then egged it on even more by directly telling you she liked someone else so with a rude response, you will have shown you won't be punked around by her.

I used to call guys I liked Dork... *laughs* Maybe she does like you and was pestering you about who you liked/were taking because she wanted you to say you liked her, but when you told her, it spooked her. (Sometimes you can sound like you 'really' mean something, when you 'really' DONT) She could have texted you about liking some other guy in order to make you jealous, or to cover her slip up. Or she could just have been being mean to hurt you (it happens.) But if this girl is your friend, and you want to KEEP her as your friend, you should confront her. Next time you get a chance to talk to her say "you've got problems you know that?" and if she asks what you mean, tell her she asked you 100 times who you liked/were taking to the prom until you figured she WANTED you to say HER, so you did, and then she wigs out, calls you names, and starts texting you with the names of all her crushes..." (okay, so you exaggerate a little, change stuff around until it sounds like something you'd say... but get the point accross.) She'll probably end up interrupting you anyhow to 'explain' whatever she's going to explain to you... and then you just go from there!