SO CONFUSED-Don't know what to do

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick summary of my story: my ex broke up with me a few months ago and I'm doing well...not sad all the time and feeling better and better! I started dating someone new and he is great and fantastic and when I was with him, I never thought about my ex...but when I wasn't with him, my ex came into my head.

IS THAT NORMAL?

I actually broke up with the new guy recently because of what I felt when I wasn't with him...but now I regret doing that and I miss him

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO...I hate not knowing what to do

STB

Hey STB,

Is there a way you can get back together with your recent boyfriend? It wasn't a wise decision to break up with him. You had a good time with him, did you not? I believe that your thoughts about your other ex-boyfriend would have faded through out time. What kind of thoughts did you have of your ex-boyfriend while you were with your other boyfriend? I mean, I think it's perfectly normal to think of the past. It can hardly be erased out of your mind.

AngelEyez

I WISH THE PAST COULD BE ERASED...I had a great time with my recent BF! But I sometimes still miss my ex. I don't want my ex-BF back because I would be too paranoid that he would just hurt me again, but I do miss him! I'm so confused and I HATE being like this...I have never even been like this! It's amazing how ONE PERSON can do so much damage to another!

I'm just scared that I might not ever stop missing my ex and if that happens, then I would be hurting my new BF and I don't want to do that...!

Any Advice?

Well, what are the qualities that you miss about your ex-boyfriend? Now think of the bad qualities about him? He broke up with you. He broke your heart. You didn't exactly state why he broke up with you. Any reasons? It sometimes takes a while to recover from past relationships. Let it fade. I'm sure it will. Maybe you hurried into another relationship too fast. This can be a good thing though. It will let you make your past relationship fade. You have someone new to rely on.

AngelEyez

Hey Angel...He broke up with me for no reason at all-he said things just didn't feel right (I found out that he broke up with my after spending 3 hours on the phone with his ex)...but I asked him if that had anything to do with it, and he said NO, but who knows for sure!

There were lots of things I didn't like about him, but there were LOTS of things I did....but now with this new guy, there's LOTS I do like and I can't really find anything I don't like. I sometimes just feel like my heart isn't ready to let someone in-I also feel like now I have all of these trusts issues and this is all stuff I've never had before up until my ex broke up with me

So I'm just so lost and confused-I'm also known to over-analyse everything and THINK TOO MUCH. I guess I'm just questioning if 1) I'm over my ex even though he still comes into my mind and 2) am I ready to date yet