Almost broke NC yet again!!!!!

I was so close on dialing my ex's number and even have a little script of what i was going to say. I was going to say I was wrong from pushing my ex away. I changed my number twice, because i broke NC a couple days ago, and realized how dumb it was.

But this morning I was going to do it again, and have been contemplating since 6am this morning.

But i keep reassuring myself. My ex has been selfish and lead me on when asking me back.

I was smarter a couple months ago, but now im just extremley weak and confused. Because i think we had such a strong connection when we were dating, and i feel ill never find that again. Of course cuz ill never give anyone a chance, if i keep holding on to my ex.

Damn this is (one of) the most challenging things i have had to go through.

today was definetly the toughest day. but i didnt do it. instead i just thought and thought and thought and thought....and thought this will never be what i want it to be, and all the stuff i dont like, and how i got hurt, i just keep those feelings very close, and never forget

whoooessshh!!!

Hey KronicMan,

If she treated you like dirt, I don't know why you want to talk to her. I don't think you deserve that kind of treatment. Do you think you're ex-girlfriend is still thinking about the two of you together? I'm not saying forget about her or what you two had together, but maybe, move on. As soon as you get out there, you'll get to meet new people, and it will definitely make you feel better. You can't live forever thinking about your ex-girlfriend. It's good to start soon and get out there! By the way, how long have you been going out with this girl? What exactly did she do to lead you on?

AngelEyez

i havent even been with my ex in about 2 years. after the first year, we became "friends" and then lost some distance, then my ex intiated the contact and said she wanted to get back with me only to ignore me after that.

im holding on to old memories of what was i know. but im thinking of all the bad things i dont like. but i did get treated like dirt. and today i went over basically EVERYTHING of the last 2 years, and after the first breakup, everything went negative after that.

yup after the first year i tried and failed, because im picky, and honestly i wasnt ready. i feel i am compatible with my ex and we (had) great chemistry. of course i would love to forget the past ever happened, but were both two different people now, and i think it would be so difficult to start over and i already know what i dont like about the ex, so now time for me i guess.

KronicMan,

Keep trying. Go out and date new people. Do you want to end up old and grey still thinking about a girlfriend you had 40 years ago? I doubt it. The sooner you start the better. Maybe even join an activity or sport to get your mind of things. Is there anything you would want to try in life? Anything drastic? Something for thrill? To be honest, I doubt your ex-girlfriend after 2 years is still thinking about the both of you. I might be wrong, but 2 years is a while away. Maybe you both weren't meant to be. There's not only 1 compatable person for you. Many people believe that the other is "the one". I even believe that. Heck, if my boyfriend broke up with me, I'd be feeling the same way as you, but I would know in the back of my head that if I got out sooner and dated new people, everything would get better slowly. It's a gradual process. Take it easy.

AngelEyez