Making friends with females.

I have problems with making friends in general.. I think because i'm so shy.. but I always have SO much more trouble making friends with females (i'm female btw) Does anyone else have this problem? I always feel like girls are very judgmental and talk about you behind your back and aren't very friendly. Where guys always seem more friendly and easy going. How do people make friends with other females??

I am 33yrs old and I still have that exact problem. I have come to the realization that alot of girls(and thats what they are)feel very insecure about themselves. When I go anywhere and Im the new person I try to be as friendly as I can be. If I get the frozen stare then I know its not my behavior but the other girls attitude. Be friendly no matter what. It seems that 1 in about 6 girls ( generally speaking) will be receptive to conversation. Hang in there. When you do finally meet a girl you connect with on a friendship level it will last.

I have that problem, too. My three most trusted friends are all male.

4thelast1 is right in what she says. And don't shy away from judgemental glare. More often that not, if a girl senses you're not intimidated by another's attitude, you're suddenly "worth" the time. But friendships with people like that wont last long anyway.

Aw hon , there are plenty of nice girls out there, and anyone who would talk behind your back or is unfriendly or judgemental is not worth your time, why care about what they're saying!

Two things:

a) If you're happier being friends with guys, be friends with guys! There is no need for you to make female friends if that just doesn't work for you. I'm the opposite, I barely have guy friends because I just can't seem to connect with them in the same way that I do with other women. I don't really see this as a problem, as long as I have good friends, who cares about their gender?

b) My tactic when meeting anyone new is always to ask them loads about themselves. Most people will appreciate the attention, what they tell you will give you an idea of whether you share interests/attitudes etc, and whether they show an interest in you in return will tell you a lot about them as potential friend-material. I'm wary of people who don't show any kind of interest whatsoever in the person they're talking to, in my experience they can turn out to be pretty self-centered.

just do whatever makes you happy!