What's wrong with me

alonegirl

My ex and I have been broken up for a little over a year and a half. It was the hardest time of my life but somehow I managed to survive. We pretty much have had NC for the entire time except for some communication to get things back, the last time we spoke was in march. I have been dating this wonderful guy for the last 3 months but this past week I can't stop thinking about my ex. I went so long without thinking about him or when I did it didn't make me sad but this last week I keep thinking about him and it just makes me so sad. I don't know if it's because this is my first relationship since him, sometimes I find myself comparing the two and I know that's not fair. This new guy is sooo different from any guy I have ever dated. He's the nicest guy I ever dated, he cares about me and my feelings. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know if it's maybe because some of our old friends have tried to get in contact with me the past two weeks ( i didn't answer the phone calls) so maybe that's why he's in my head. But last night I had a dream about him that actually made me cry when I woke up in the morning. I don't know if it's the relationship or the friendship that I miss. Yes we were lovers but we were also best friends and I haven't had that since. Yes I have friends but no one I made that connection with. While I really like this new guy there are some reservations there. I also realized that I'm not opening up to him because I'm so afraid of being hurt again. I know that's stupid that if I don't take a chance I may miss out on something wonderful. I just was doing really well and that dream last night was so real it really is messing with my head today. I just don't understand why here in front of me I have a guy that I really like and that really likes me but I can't stop thinking about my ex who's a jerk. OK, I actually feel a lot better having written that down thank you

How did you guys break-up? Was he the one who has left you? Maybe you're not done dealing with your breakup. I remember having not though of my ex for some years until I met my current boyfriend. Not only did I start thinking about him, but I started to feel the pain all over again. I haven't dealt with the breakup, so the pain still hasn't went away. But the fear of missing out on something great is what pushed me to take a chance to be with my current boyfriend. I think this is probably normal, it's ok to think about your ex when you're about to go into a serious relationship. Ask yourself, what is it that you have probably neglected dealing with?

Good luck