well, i guess most of you would say no because i have to ask.

my ex broke up with me almost 10 months ago and we've been apart longer than we've been together. i know i wasn't over it for the first 5 or 6 months, but since then, i've levelled off in my healing. i haven't gotten any better and i haven't gotten any worse.

i still have some feelings left over for my ex and i have come to terms that i probably will forever, so does this mean i am not over her? is it possible to be over someone but still have some residual feelings for them?

something also happened to me over the weekend. i was out at a club and saw a girl who looked EXACTLY like my ex but this girl was with some guy who was, to me, more than a friend. to my surprise, it didn't bother me that i thought it was my ex with another man. it wasn't her and if it was, it would've been the first time i have seen her with another person.

at this point, i really would like her back in my life (i know some of you may think i am crazy to say this) but as a friend. i know that we're never going to get back together again (which does make me a little sad).

so i am a little confused at this point. i have sort of given up on wondering if i am completely over her.

yes i still miss her even though she has been consistently cold to me when i have seen her, which i still don't quite get but that's another post. i remember her good qualities, and bad, and that's what i miss about her (good qualities that is).

what do you guys think? am i over her or aren't i? i can't seem to answer this myself.

Others may disagree with me but I've found that I only heal to a certain point on my own.

Those lingering memories of feeling carry a certain weight in your heart. But that's all I think they really are.. Memories of feeling.

Once you meet someone who rocks your socks they'll quickly be forgotten!

Deejay!!

WOW! Could we be anymore alike right now with our breakups? I want my ex in my life too, but I don't want him back! I'm past all the sadness and depression-I actually have A LOT more fun than I used to and I'm a lot more less worried about small stupid stuff and kind of just go with the flow of things, but I miss my ex and want him back (sometimes as a friend, sometimes as a BF again, but I honestly thing I'd be too scared that he would hurt me again so I'd break things off pretty quickly). BUT I MISS HIM!

He was a nice, sweet guy (up until I was having trouble moving on and told him I missed him-he sort of just wrote me off and I don't know why and it hurt, but I'm over all of that). Maybe this is all part of the acceptance phase of things-maybe it will just go away like all the other feelings of sadness/helplessness/fear did-maybe this will be like this forever...

Has anyone been like this before and now they are GREAT-don't think about or miss their ex's but did even AFTER they started feeling better?