dating more than one person

shau_nee

ok, i met this guy that i really like. i'm not sure how much he really likes me or if it's even going to develop into a relationship yet. he lives three hours away so i only get two see him every two weeks. i get really lonely the two weeks that i don't see him and there is this other guy that i dated in the past that now wants to date me again. i don't know what to do because i kinda like them both but i really like the guy that i just met and hope that things work out with us. so is it wrong to date two people at the same time. be cause the other guy never said we were exclusive. i just don't want to mess anything up. so should i not date this other guy.

If you're not exclusive yet, I strongly suggest giving yourself a chance to see if someone who lives closer to you might not actually be a more compatible person to date. Long distance relationships are very hard and come with unique challenges. You may not see it right away, but you will down the road.

My personal philosophy has been that it is okay to date more than one person as long as I am completely up front about it and don't hide anything from anyone involved. I'm currently dating a guy who I like a lot, but he also lives in another city (an hour and a half away). We see each other about once a week. I told him that I'm not ready for a "serious, committed" relationship and that although I don't have any dates planned currently, I want to feel free to do so if the opportunity should arise. He is okay with that as he is also not ready for something very serious. I think that most people presume you are dating more than one person until an agreement is made otherwise. If you think the long-distance guy may think you two are exclusive, a conversation is in order before you do date the other guy.

I had a friend who used to date a bunch of guys at once. It was fun. But once we were at a party and all three guys showed up, just by a freak chance. That was fun too. Oh, and once she had booked a trip to Cuba with one of the guys. But they broke up shortly before, so she took another one. Worked out perfectly. Oh, except they broke up while they were down there and he spent the whole week crying. Ah, good times.

I started a post on this a couple days back..

Personally. I couldn't date more than one person.... depends what you consider dating... are you just hanging out? I hang out with friends... but if there is the inention of hooking up then I say only do one person at a time... ha ha that sounded funny!