interacal Relationships

freedom

Who i here has been in a interacal relationship?

what is the most challenging aspect to the relationship you had?

did you notice that differences in the definition of a relationship bf/gf?

eg loyaty factor, expectation factor, ways of doing things, drive, cultural challenge,

If you ended it, would you do it again? and what ended it?

if you are still in it, what would you change?

This is about your own experiences. I dont mean want people to generalise and that is why i asked if you have had an interacial relationship. Just talking about personal experiences.

Who i here has been in a interacal relationship with an asian?

I have. Does it really matter what someone's ethnicity is, I am the product of a bi-racial marriage, and I am very happy as are my parents.

Differences in hobbies, interests.

No, I don't want to generalize here.

Yes, I would do it again.

With any interracial relationships there could be friction when there are different cultural values. Different cultures can view gender roles different and have different expectations of what is acceptable. I say that you should not exclude people just based on one experience because that would be ignorant instead realize that there are going to be difference among people so each person will offer something new.

I'm in an interacial relationship but he's African American and I'm Spanish/Italian.

I think the biggest challange has been his sister-she is very rude to me being that I am the first woman my BF has dated outside his race.

If the man treated me well and made me happy and I wanted to be with him, then race wouldn't be an issue

I have been with him for 5 months, I am in love and I wouldn't change a thing.

Well, if you want the specifics of my relationship and not generalizations, here it is:

loyaty factor: Very high, he was very loyal

expectation factor: Not sure what this is asking

ways of doing things: Very respectful, family oriented

drive: Extremely driven in school/career

cultural challenge: Differences in religion, beliefs

hi, i mostly asian blood in me, and i am having and interacial relationship. I just want to hear about other peope experiences.

For me,

loyality is VERY important. If i choose to be in a relationship i am in a serious relationship and give my trust 100% to the person that i love. (otherwise, why am i having the relationship??)

I expect the same back. (otherwise why am i in a relationship?)

having that expectation doesnt mea that i want mariage, but it is an option that we are playing at. (otherwise why are we in a relationship?)

Way of doing things, well i do things for the relationship whilst i am in the relationship, it doesnt mean i lose my independence, i put the relationship in a higher priority than the usual friends and i would consider my partner first. Family is important to me, as she is my partner she becomes part of my family circle. (otherwise why am i in a relationship?)

Drive, i am laid back, but i stress out. most asian are more driven then me.

Culture challenge: comes down to expectations (above). In my situation, i have observation in this interacial relationship is; 'because you are in a relationship doesnt mean you get trust and loyality.' So, there is commitment but it isnt 100percent. If thing go wrong bailing is a BIG option.

That is my observation

Yes, I have been. I'm a asian male and my ex-gf was caucasian.

Learning the asian culture. It was a challenge but fun experience for her.

Did you notice that differences in the definition of a relationship bf/gf?

We would take turns picking places to eat. She was eager to learn about my culture. She learned how to speak a few lines in my language. She understands more then she can speak. I'm 'americanize' and been in the US since I was 4 so I can relate very well with her family.

She ended it. She cheated. Yes, I would do it again. It doesn't matter what race to me... a good heart is hard to find.

If you are still in it, what would you change?

See previous answer.

I am first generation Asian and I have dated American men as well as European men.

The most challenging aspect is for them to understand the importance of filial duty and unconditional respect for elderly family members. They had a hard time understanding my relationship with my family and how/why I was so concerned with what they thought about me.

did you notice that differences in the definition of a relationship bf/gf?eg loyaty factor, expectation factor, ways of doing things, drive, cultural challenge,

I am a very driven person in school and my career. I strive to be successful and financially independent (which I am.) And my bfs have been equally challenging and driven. They have their ways of doing things and I have mine but I don't think that is culture specific.

I have ended relationships and have had relationships ended on me. I would definitely do it again because I think these experiences shape who I am today. As for what ended it, a variety of reasons: falling out of love is the most common one .

I'm in an interacial relationship. I'm white (Canadian) and he's black (African).

We are both well educated and come from good families, but people judge based on the cover. It’s the perfect stereotype of the ghetto black guy and the slutty white girl.. and it’s sooo lame. Especially if we go to a fancy restaurant or the opera. People really stare.

Also, my family loves and totally accepts him. But his family looks down on me because I’m not black. Now that I am pregnant with his baby, the in-laws are going to be a life-long struggle if they don’t learn to accept me.

No, but he’s not really traditional (raised in England). He still lets me boss him around! J But sometimes I do feel like he pushes his culture on me. For example, he wants to give me an African name. I understand that he is just trying to be sweet and welcome me into his world, but it makes me very uncomfortable. I am happy with the names my mother gave me and don’t need any more! Also, he is always trying to make me eat African food but I don’t like it. Petty stuff like that.

if you are still in it, what would you change?

I wouldn’t change anything about him. Maybe I’d shake some sense into our judgemental society and his parents.

I wouldn't change anything about him. Maybe I'd shake some sense into our judgemental society and his parents.

mwhahahahahahaha!

Well i will face that situation soon, i will be traveling to her country. parents are traditional, and when ever my name is used there is an uncomfortable silence, BUT not the other way round. I love my family, they taken all the * * * * i dished out!!! hahahaha... As i say, and most people who are blessed, " i love my family" and if all goes well, "i'll love her family too!!"