Do I have symptoms of pregnancy?

brooke617

I am 18, wondering if their is a chance that I might be pregnant. Please help me figure out what this means. I have had unprotected sex but used the pull out method for the past month. I had a period the 29th of September, which only lasted 3 days. It was a medium flowness. The begininning and ending of my period I was having spotting. A light pink color that sooned turned to brown color. Soon after the spotting stopped I was having excessive vaginal discharge. It was thin like watery and soon turned to white. I was having slight cramps and noticed blue veins in my breasts. I need help to figure out if this is a sign of pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Would it be too soon to find out or am i just over exaggerating?

brooke - those tests are pretty accurate these days. One way to know for absolutely sure however is to see a DR or take a test again in a week.

As has already been said tho - pulling out does not protect one from becoming pregnant or from getting STDs. If you oet on the pill and use condoms you'll be as safe as we can get these days - without removing all of your internal organs.

brooke, the brown blood you described is oxidized blood, blood that wasn't expelled immediately.

Pregnancy tests are 99% effective, so if it was negative, you are most likely not pregnant.

To curb your fears, take another test in 1 week.

The pull-out method is very ineffective, either get on a method of birth control whether it be the pill or condoms, or abstain, because you are bound to get pregnant this way.

The cramps and swollen breasts are all normal PMS symptoms.

Hugs, Rose

So if you're period started on September 29, here's your fertility schedule:

9/29/06 - First day of your cycle

10/10/06 - A little bit fertile

10/11/06 - Fertile

10/12/06 - VERY fertile

10/13/06 - Time to ovulate

You would get pregnant tomorrow, and definitely not see symptoms for a few weeks, so it's highly unlikely you are pregnant, because you most likely are ovulating tomorrow + or - a few days.

Uhhhhh...pullout method. Well everyone has said it. Bad idea. But it really is NOT effective. That's what I used, and well...I'm 5 months pregnant.

It's hard to say at this point, but since you did have something close to a period, then I'd say you're most likely in the clear. Usually (can't speak for everyone) implantation bleeding occurs when you get pregnant, but that is such a minute amount of blood, it's barely noticeable. It's nothing like a period really, at least not in my case.

Just calm down and wait until your period is due. Then take a test to clear your mind.

Pregnancy tests look for the horomone HCG. It will not show up in your urine or your blood until at least the first day of your missed period. So if you ARE pregnant, there is no way of telling until 28 days after Sept 29 (Oct. 27 I believe). Even then, especially if your period is irregular, your ovulation may not be the exact 12-14 days after the first day of your period, it might be even further down the road on your cycle. Which means you would have to wait longer to determine if you are pregnant. The First response pregnancy test can suppposedly detect HCG up to 4 days before your missed period.

However, I am nine weeks pregnant. Home tests say once you are one month in they can tell if you are pregnant. (Pregnancy weeks are counted from your last menstrual period, not the date of conception). My home tests were negative at one month, and 5 weeks (at this point I am one week late), and even the doctors urine test was negative at 6 weeks. At 7 weeks, I got a blood test, and it was positive.

I'm not trying to scare you here hun. Just know that because you had unprotected sex so early in your cycle that you are probably not pregnant. There is no point sitting there worrying about it because stress can make your period late too. If I were you, I would stay away from booze and drugs just to be safe, and of course, start using a condom and talk to your doctor about birth control.

But stop wasting your money on home pregnancy tests they absoulutly will not pick up the hcg until you are actually late. Good luck (((((((hugs)))))))