A major stumble this weekend

Hi all

It's been quite some time since I've sent out a post. It has been about 8 months since my ex left me, and I've been using the time to heal, learn about myself, and try to look forward

This past weekend was tough. 2 years ago we got engaged at Niagra Falls and all those memories came back and hit me like a mac-truck. I really hate anniversary dates and how they effect me. I really hope that one day these memories will bring a smile to my face but now they only remind me of what we had and how happy I was in my life. Too bad she didn't feel the same.

Thanks for listening and I know it will be better someday....

Take care everyone

DP

Hey, I hope you're feeling alright. But here's the truth of the matter. Stop hurting yourself by referring to anniversaries you aren't celebrating.

The "what could have been" attitude is pain that is self-inflicted. It'd be incredibly harsh for me to say "toughen up, and drive on!" But lets face it, you have NO OTHER OPTION!

I hope to god she is only a smile when you think about it later. Otherwise, all that bottled up depression, sadness, what have you, denies you the chance to give some other girl, what you gave your ex.

The way I see it, you're being GROSSLY counterproductive. Take each relationship as a growing pain, and hopefully you can learn from it. If you weren't at fault, then maybe you can takeaway the knowledge of knowing what type of person you belong with.

But seriously...stop playing the fake-anniversary game with yourself. Its only going to prevent you from healing.