Is offering to share food with someone a sign of interest?

Naomi

What makes my life a lot easier - this might work for you too! - is to assume that a man might be attracted to me or otherwise interested but that I will not know if he is interested in dating me (as opposed to just flirting, being "friends who flirt") until he asks me out on a proper date in advance that he puts effort into planning. Kind of streamlines things, avoids me getting too distracted or focused until it is worth some kind of focus. I have had many men flirt with me, offer me food, stare, dance, whatever - and for whatever reason they were not interested in dating me - sometimes there was a sexual interest only, sometimes he had a girlfriend but liked to flirt, and sometimes it was a very passing interest until he moved on to the next person. This approach may work for you, too.

If you don't care whether he wants to date you - only whether he is attracted to you - then it could be that he is from offering to share food or it could be a protective big brother gesture because you remind him of his sister, etc.

This doesn't really answer your question but one of my roommates learned in her psychology class that if you offer someone food and they take it, it means that they really like you. So I hope you took it to subconsciously signal that you like him. jk.

What if you're just hungry?

Oh, crap, I accepted a pecan swirlie from my one of my guy-friends yesterday.

Hope he didn't take it the wrong way...haha, jk...

There are many ways that people show interest in someone. No rules or criteria make much sense - especially if the other person hasn't heard about that particular rule. So you could easily miss out on a great relationship simply because some guy didn't do something according to the 'rules'.

One of the best ways to see if a guy is interested is to show some interest in him and watch how he reacts.

I saw my ex after about two months of NC and she seemed to be very flirtatous. I was very surprised by this. She came over and sat accross from me in the bar and continually drank from my glass of beer during our conversation.

After 10 minutes or so I said goodbye and left with a friend. Part of me wanted to get out of there, part of me was confused, and part of me wanted to keep her wanting more.

Maybe I should have kept testing to see where the boundary stood?? I'm not sure