This has me stumped completely. When I was in the shower a few minutes ago, I noticed a large, very red bump on the back of my leg. On the end of it, it has sort of an open area but there is no pus. If I push it, it feels like liquid. It doesn't hurt otherwise I think I would have noticed it before it got this big.

Anyone have any idea what it is? It's sort of in the area but is not an STD of any kind (both my husband and I have been tested and neither are seeing anyone else). Any idea how to make it go away?

Hey Dani,

I would just show it to your OB when you go in for your next appt. You are probably going once a week at this point and so just see what they say.

Does it itch, or hurt?

How big in diameter is it?

There's no way she won't be able to see it when she examines me. It's pretty big. I'd say about half an inch around. It doesn't hurt or itch at all.

Ah, then just a few more days then. Good!

How are you feeling otherwise?

I'm doing pretty good. I feel like my stomach is just going to rip open lol. I think it's stretched to capacity now lol.

I certainly wouldn't panic, but if it begins hurting or bothering you, go see the doctor tomorrow.

I go to the doctor on Wednesday so I'll just wait until then.

Oh, honey. It is probably nothing. Maybe an ingrown hair, maybe a bug bite, maybe an odd pimple responding to hormones... don't sweat the small stuff, just show it to the OB on Wednesday.

Unless it is really red, swollen around it, it is hot to the touch, you run fever, or it gives you pain or begins to have an odd discharge, then they won't do anything but tell you to watch it anyway...

Good to watch your body for changes and to take care of it...

Bad to overstress on little stuff when you have such WONDERFUL things ahead to focus on!!!

holy moly - that close already!??

I can totally remember the stomach stretched beyond capacity feeling! You're soooo close.

About the thing on your leg...is it maybe the beginnings of varicose veins??

Yep, time has seriously flown lately. I can't believe I'm so close to having him.

I don't think it's varicose veins. I have no swelling of any visable veins other than the 2 I had visable before I got pregnant. I've been lucky so far, no swollen feet

Oh, honey. It is probably nothing. Maybe an ingrown hair, maybe a bug bite, maybe an odd pimple responding to hormones... don't sweat the small stuff, just show it to the OB on Wednesday.

Unless it is really red, swollen around it, it is hot to the touch, you run fever, or it gives you pain or begins to have an odd discharge, then they won't do anything but tell you to watch it anyway...

Good to watch your body for changes and to take care of it...

Bad to overstress on little stuff when you have such WONDERFUL things ahead to focus on!!!

She'll see it on Wednesday even if I forget about it. It's extremely visible. There's no pain so I'm not sweating it. It was just weird.