Crying after sex

millaj

I don't know what is wrong with me, but everytime I have penetrated sex, I cry afterwards. It's not just a little tear of joy either; it's more like a boo hoo, full-blown emotional catharsis.

I'd really like some advice on this; I know that there are some people who do this, but I would love to know if there is a reason psychologically for this. I'm seeing a therapist now, but I haven't brought this up yet. Sometimes I wonder if I was molested when I was a child or something, because there are just weird things that happen to me like this.

Thanks,

MJ

This article may be of interest to you:

link removed

For you, it seems that sex (as well as your loving boyfriend) evokes a tender and deeply emotional release at your climax. This is perfectly fine (in fact, it's wonderful), so don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you. I always tell clients that this is a holy moment and a lovely way to let go in any way that feels comfortable to you, including tears. If you continue to feel emotional after sex, cherish that as a special time.

Hugs, Rose

Thanks for responding Rose. I liked the article, and it made me feel that maybe i'm not abnormal. However, this happens so much and it's scarry. It's not a happy feeling, it's a scarry feeling; and now my partner says that we shouldn't do it that much and focus more on oral. I don't know how to feel about that.

Well, do you find that you cry after you orgasm or after any penetrative intercourse in general?

I think you enjoy the activity so much, it's what leads you to cry.

Another reason could be that you become afraid to lose control, to let yourself climax, that you feel threatened or scared afterwards.

Hugs, Rose

i cry as well sometimes after and i was just wondering from a guys point of view... what u guys think of that... like, when ur gf jsut starts crying after... is it awkward, do u understand (or u think u understand) or just what do u guys think of it?

I personally find it quite emotional/passionate. Don't find it awkward at all.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but everytime I have penetrated sex, I cry afterwards. It's not just a little tear of joy either; it's more like a boo hoo, full-blown emotional catharsis.

I'd really like some advice on this; I know that there are some people who do this, but I would love to know if there is a reason psychologically for this. I'm seeing a therapist now, but I haven't brought this up yet. Sometimes I wonder if I was molested when I was a child or something, because there are just weird things that happen to me like this.

Thanks,

MJ

MY girlfriend has very rarely cried during sex cause the emotions overwhelm her. Not usually after. (and no I don't hurt her, its usually when shes orgasming)

• 5 months later...