just a quick question....

sighs

ok, i know this might sound kind of lame, but i've never really had a proper boyfriend before... and I was woundering, what are some tell tale signs that a guy likes you?

...i really like this guy and i was just courious to see if the feelings returned, as i'm shy and can't just ask him out...

please, any help would be great

You know this is kind of a tough one to answer. It really depends on the guy. However (and this kind of makes little sense) if you were to tell us how he is around you, for example if he were acting disinterested, or just casually friendly, we would probably be able to assess that.

Well long story short how about you give us more details about him, and the way he acts around you so we can better help you assess whether or not he likes you.

If *I* like a girl, this is what I do:

Stare at her, then quickly avert my eyes if she looks back

Act disinterested if the girl is drop-dead gorgeous

If the girl is average looking, I may strike up a conversation about something inane, speak really fast, trip over my words, trip over my shoelace or bang my elbow somewhere.

Smile if I already know the girl a bit

Remember that every guy is different. Lots of guys would do the exact opposite.

He asks you out on a proper date. Other than that there are signs that he is attracted but it doesn't necesarily mean he is interested in dating you. He focuses on you when you speak to him or even when you speak to others. He makes excuses to be around you. He teases you about what you're wearing, your hair, the way you laugh but not in a "hey dude!" way.

Well... we havn't spoken much... as i'm really shy, but when we do speak its usually good, we mainly talk about our assignments...

um, as for what i've noticed about him, is he looks at me alot, and.... i donno, it's weird, like he's randomly became good friends with my mates (even though we usually hang out in different groups) and his bestie has just randomly become really good friends with me, and she asks me all these random questions about me and my life (like if i have a bf, etc)... i donno if im being alittle paranoid and wanting there to be something when there isn't but im just unsure...

also, i've noticed little things like, when he's talking to in a group and he says something funny, he always looks to see if im laughing before he laughs...

I donno, what do you guys reckon?

• 3 weeks later...