how could I meet him????

nikkinoe

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have a neighbor that I've noticed recently that is single. I am single too. I'm kinda shy about making the first move, mainly cause he doesn't know I exist. I've just been watching him and his activities and he looks nice and is pretty good looking.

Does anyone have any ideas how i could introduce myself to him? I don't want to seem creepy to him, and again, am shy about making the first move. I don't even know if he has someone special in his life.

Should I send him a note? Walk up to his door? I don't know. I'm not used to being an initiator. I've hung around in my front yard hoping he'd notice me. But, to no avail. I'm also kinda old school, back when the guy made the first move. Also, I don't know how old he is. I'm probably older, but don't know by how much. Hard to tell from far away.

What do you all think???? Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to ENA nikkinoe! Great to have you around here!

Oh yeah, there are several approaches to this. You could wait until you see him outside, in the yard or something, walk over and say, "Hi my name is...and I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood. Where did you move here from?"

If you wanted to be bolder you could walk up to his door saying the same thing...adding something to the effect of, "I've seen you out and just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood."

To put it over the top and really get noticed, knock on his door with fresh baked cookies...chocolate chip peanut butter cookies...my favorite...

Realize he just moved there and may be hesitant about being the "new guy" in town and approaching strangers. I see nothing wrong with you making "the first move" and anything you do short of showing up at his door in sexy lingerie wouldn't suggest anything other than "friendly and hospitable neighbor".

Oh yeah, there are several approaches to this. You could wait until you see him outside, in the yard or something, walk over and say, "Hi my name is...and I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood. Where did you move here from?"

If you wanted to be bolder you could walk up to his door saying the same thing...adding something to the effect of, "I've seen you out and just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood."

To put it over the top and really get noticed, knock on his door with fresh baked cookies...chocolate chip peanut butter cookies...my favorite...

Great advice except for the fact that the OP explicitly stated that she is in fact SHY, but hey girl if you can muster the guts, go for it.

LOL - I've hooked up with cute neighbors before!

Ask him to come over and help you move around some furniture, or have him fix something that's broken. (If you have nothing that is broken, then break it and invite him over! )

Chances are if you just go over and ask to borrow a screwdriver, he'll ask you right away if something is broken, then he'll offer to come by and fix it.

anyways - go for it!!! good luck!

no offense to annie but i still like frisco's idea better, for two reasons: he might prefer self-reliance in his women, and he might wonder why the OP had to call upon a stranger for help, rather than a friend or family member.

besides, it's all about the giving - until i moved into an apartment i was always bringing garden vegetables and fresh-laid brown eggs to the people living near me, and damned if they didn't unexpectedly reciprocate. even if nothing special comes out of the Great Cookie Caper, it's still a neighborly thing to do.

well guys...you posted some funny ones and ones I hadn't thought about! Actually, he's not new to the neighborhood. I just noticed him out in his yard and started wondering about him. I have seen a girl over there before, but it's rather sporadic. Like she may be married or something and they're carrying on an A???? I don't know. That's his business. I noticed this past weekend, he spent all weekend at home with no visitors and working on something in his backyard. I also can't tell his age. I have thought about asking the neighbors who i kinda know, and who live next door to him. I feel like if I walked up to him at his house, he'll see my age and think "who's that old woman hittin' on me!??? LOL!

I just don't want to look like a fool. One time about a month ago, my lawn mower wouldn't work and I noticed him out in his yard. I started up the street to see if he could help me out, but the girl that I had seen over there before, that I just mentioned, had pulled up to the curb and they were talking. He didn't notice me, so I went back home. Really, at that time, all I wanted was help with the lawn mower. I guess that's when I started noticing him and "studying" him.

Keep the suggestions coming! I'm leaning toward the cookie idea. All guys love food!