earn big bucks with no work experince -yea not possible, working and job experinces

i was talkin to amy dad ,who always thinks hes right. do u guys think ppl who are homeless and on the streets or even ppl who are poor-is b/c they don't have goals in life-meaning becoming a CGA, engineer, or not getting a PHD......or even going up and growing himself in an organization , and that all they want to do is party and have fun. he ssays how all the homeless ppl are all big and strong and how come they don't work , i mean i believe most ppl don'tchose to be on the streets , it gotta to be reason other than goals and ambtions in life

i argue as no as homeless ppl have mental issues....

i jsut started a new job 2 months ago ,how the heck can i become or get a high paying job when i just started in a call centre andprevious before i don;t even have any work experience related to even any work experience. i told him one has to work his way up, and not make that instant 6 figure salary job. btw i only went to community college for a 2 yr business diploma. i now somany fellow grad who finsih the program and are still workin in retail as a cashier....not even related to their field.

how can one even explain this to my harassing folks that no i don;tmake 6 figures and get promoted in 2 months-please get real.

then they compare me to my cousin who is 32 with a MBA degree,. i mean does success determine how much one makes or if ur just happy wiuth ur job. they say like look at ur other 35 yr old cousin who also went to community college hes making 40/hr doing drafting-how about you.

what do i even say to this

I volunteer in a homeless shelter. there are many reasons for homelessness. It is all well and good to say that having career goals can prevent homelessness but what does one do without any role models to encourage that type of mindset? I was very fortunate because I grew up in a stable home where my parents, both educated, strongly encouraged us to excel at school and get higher degrees (we both did). I was able to live at home during grad school which greatly lessened the financial burden. I had enough love and support from my family that I integrated that into myself and had reasonable self esteem which meant that I had friends who also were goal oriented. Sure there is accountabilty and responsibility but until there are people who can replace parents as role models in many cases history will repeat itself. Since we don't pay teachers enough how can they be sufficient role models if they are burnt out and worried themselves about making ends meet?

I agree that having a graduate degree in a practical field or industry can be invaluable. You also have to be good at working with others, etc.

Typically generalizing about what causes homelessness is unproductive - time is better spent strategizing solutions to the problem - multi-faceted solutions.

Very few people make a 6 figure income withen the first 10 year of working, and the majority of workers never will. Your only hope to make a 6 figure income to no have a nack for a high paying job, but even then it'll take years to earn that much money. Right now, the only job I can think of that could pay at most $50,000 a year is working with computers, and you have to go to college (or in my plans, trade school) to get a good paying job at it. If you ain't got the skills, you ain't got the job. I find it to be very hard to get a job if you don't have work experiance.

Don't sweat it man.

Why in the world are you worrying about such an income at such an age anyway? You are young and just got your degree recently. Of course you are not going to get a 6-figure salary or whatever. It's just not possible. In the work world, you have to work your way up, unless you are corrupt of course I guess, hehe.

I only have a 2 year business diploma and I make 6 figures. It's all about finding your niche. Mine so happened to be in trades. Just because you took business doesn't mean you have to work in an office.

Get an idea and run with it. Take risks. People don't just wake up one day and find that they're making 100 or 200 grand a year. They take big risks.

Parents often know more that we so I suggest you listen to them. I'm not saying they're right, and i'm definitely not saying you need to follow in anyone elses' footsteps; find your own path, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

having lots of $$$$ is not an indicator of how successful you are. If you have a high paying job, but you are miserable every second while you are at work for 40 years, are you really successful? is that really a way to live? you spend over 1/3 of your life at work, it is important to find a job that suits you and makes you happy.

I agree with sn0man, you have to find your own path in life.