did wat i had to do

nmbrc193

well my ex said thurday nite that she wanted to take a break we were goin for 3 mo.im young yet (19 yrs.) old and this was my first serious girlfriend. she said she was really busy wit school and she wanted some space. but if i sit around....its only gonna make the getting over her process longer. and im sick of bein in limbo...and friday she IMd me on aol and said that she still wanted to be my friend...i agreed cuz it sounded ok. but now i think about it... it wont happen

my feelings for her are too strong now and its only gonna hurt me more.i dont wanna wait around for a month to have her call me one day and say "i think we should stay friends cuz i dont wanna sacrifice our friendship". so i jus talked to her and said that i need closure and im movin on. im still not over her but im slowly heeling ) did i do the right thing? i really have feelings for her but this relationship isnt goin newere.

I think you did the right thing.

The reason I say this is because by remaining her friend, you are going to further inflict wounds.

You need some time apart to heal and then once you have closed all wounds, you can decide if you want to be friends again.

She wants you to remain her friend so that she can have all the perks of a relationship without the commitment.

Hugs, Rose

I think Rose means that she knows you have feelings for her, and thereforeeee can get many things from you very easily: emotional support, hugs and kisses, etc. She just senses that you'd be very willing to act like her boyfriend...while she's free to do whatever she wants and not reciprocate everything that you'd do for her. Maybe you'll comfort her after a rough situation, or both of you will share an intimate moment again...and the next day she'll be with a different guy, telling you that you weren't dating. You'd just be making yourself vulnerable with no payoff.

If you've had enough, you've had enough. Congrats on making a decision.