Weekends are Rough

iceman85

Man weekends are rough, especially tonight when I dont have anything to do.

I have been in NC for a week now, after I told her its either we try now or i'm gone forever. I still dont know if that was the right thing to do or not, but I cant be her friend, shes not the person I loved and even though I still love her, being her friend is just impossible and it was hurting me.

Today was a really tough day though, one of those boring days with nothing to do and I thought about her alot. I've been trying my best to do complete NC, but I found myself looking at her myspace, facebook everything today. I still feel that incessant need to see if she is with someone else, to see how she is doing. I know all its gonna do is cause me pain but yet I still somehow do it.

I just guess I have to keep going day by day, but I'm so frustrated, I love her still, but I'm on my way to getting over her. I'm just finding it so tough while it seemed so easy for her to do.

It just seems impossible right now for me to envision being extremley happy or that i'll find someone else. I tell myself those things will happen, given time, but i'm 4 months out, i've been mostly miserable cause I hung on.

I dunno this is just a rant but I feel so alone tonight and hate these feelings of hoplessness.

Weekends are tough! I broke NC today just to have something to get me through the weekend. It didn't help though, not really. I try to keep busy, but sometimes I really just want to sit and cry and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I hate this feeling too. I totally feel what you are going through, it feels hopeless even when we know that it won't always feel like that. Hang in there!

Man weekends are rough, especially tonight when I dont have anything to do.

1) Well get out and do something then!

2) You absolutely have got to stop looking at her MySpace page! You're doing this to yourself bro. No one is holding a gun to your head saying, "Look at her and hurt yourself" Block it, delete it, put duct tape on your computer screen, whatever you need to do...just don't look!

You've come a long way Ice, do (1) and (2) and you'll be out of sight in no time...

I know I really am going to make an effort not to, I dont know why I have such an urge to find out if shes with someone else or what guys are around her. I wish I didnt have the urge to know whats going on with her but I do. Hopefully that goes soon.

I wish i would also just stop feeling like I did the wrong thing, that we both still love each other but she is lost. Ive got a big mountain to climb and I gotta keep climbing.

Dude... i am in that same boat. I have been flipflopping on blocking her and taking her off the buddy list and keeping her on. But I have learned one thing in my first month away. DO NOT LOOK AT THE AWAY MESSAGE... OR MYSPACE/FACEBOOK. You will constantly overthink about what she is doing and who with. And it hurts too much. The worst feeling in the world is when you read about her being out with someone.

In my case i have never read that she is out with another guy... but you know how the brain works. So dont read them! It will only hurt you.

Man, I am in almost the same situation. I have only been broken up a month, but I have been in strict nc since last weekend. The weekend has only just begun, and already it is harder than anything. I have tried reading, playing video games, everything. I find the best times are when I can get her completely out of my mind, clear everything that would remind me of her off my computer, out of my living area, everything. Even though I hope we get back together someday (I know this is bad for me), as of now you have to treat it like she is gone, because she is. You never know what will happen tomorrow, but she is not here now and you must accept that. I am in the process of doing the same, which means clearing all memory of her. It is the hardest part, but it is necessary.

I feel the same way as you M-life. I know i shouldnt hope for reconciliation. And yes she said she was still attracted and had love... but u know... I broke the NC last friday and have been on NC since. I plan on staying that way hopefully until she contacts me.

I found that working out is the best form of getting your mind off her. I work out 6 days a week now, and i feel great during that time. Going out really gets your mind off things. But unfortunately you cant go out every day during the weekend. So you cant avoid it forever. I think time will help things though. Good luck to you.

Dude... i am in that same boat. I have been flipflopping on blocking her and taking her off the buddy list and keeping her on. But I have learned one thing in my first month away. DO NOT LOOK AT THE AWAY MESSAGE... OR MYSPACE/FACEBOOK. You will constantly overthink about what she is doing and who with. And it hurts too much. The worst feeling in the world is when you read about her being out with someone.

In my case i have never read that she is out with another guy... but you know how the brain works. So dont read them! It will only hurt you.

Words can't express how true this is...

And these urges Ice? Urges are everywhere in this world, urges to do a lot of things we shouldn't!

It comes down to you being strong and resisting. Period. In time they will go away. You can make the resistance process easier by keeping your mind busy with other productive things with the nice side effect of bettering yourself (school, exercise, etc.)

i am going thru the same thing man. dont worry youll get over her it takes time. my ex did the same thing to me. theres nothin worse then bein in limbo. try goin out wit your friends or see if there are any other girls you may be interested in. as for bein friends wit her...i agree wit you. the best thing to do man is jus move on. dont worry...everyday gets a little easier.