Ex is texting. Did I do the right thing by breaking NC?

My bipolar ex tried to come back to me over a month ago saying she loved me, had to have me in her life, wanting to have a second chance and take things slow, and she even told me she was going to change her number so her latest ex couldn't have it. They broke up 4 mos. ago after a little over a year. I fell for it and we began to hang out again after a rocky 2.5 years of knowing her, 6 mos. together and 2 years of being ex's.

During the two years of being ex's she has been very hot and cold to me. When she would have a fight with her latest ex she would run to me. She would call me all the time too, wondering what I'm doing, and with whom and would act jealous if I was hanging out with another girl. She would even sometimes tell me she was still in love with me and would try to put the moves on me. She has always had a tough time letting me go.

She hasn't had the best taste in guys. She has dated unattractive, welfare, some druggies, those who like drama. I wasn't the best catch when we dated but I blossemed and all the things she didn't like about me before I changed (for myself). I have my head on straight, am attractive, have a house, good job, friends, everything. She always said before she was happy when we were together.

Anyways, back to the point - So as we started taking things very slow and I find out she is still talking to her latest ex who got her on drugs. My ex has been clean for about 2 weeks and said she wants to stay that way. She was also talking about wanting to get her own place, not really making future plans with me, all the while I'm thinking maybe she is using me to soften the blow of leaving her ex. She tells me no she is not over her ex yet and I ask her why she didn't wait to come back until she was over him, and her response was because I care about you. So I am surfing myspace the next day and find a blog on her page about him and she was saying she's not sure she's ready to let him go and that she's still in love with him and that whomever he dates next has to go through her for approval, blah blah blah.

I am crushed so I almost immediately cut her off again. So I'm sure she goes back to hang out with the ex. So a few days later after I started NC she texts me "sayin hi" I ignore it. Then she texts me "it's rude to ignore someone" I ignore it. about a week went by and she texts "how do you want me to get you the money I owe you for the phone bill?" I ignore it still. A few days later she says "so I take it you are paying my cell bill then?" I ignore it while thinking I will just pay the bill so I don't have to talk or see her. Next day I start thinking that she should give me my money so I will text her to mail it to me.

I did just that. After 10 days I break NC by saying "please get me a money order for the money and mail it to me. Thanks." She sends back almost right away "I will when you can treat me like a human." I didn't respond for about 10 min. confused and she sent another that said "exactly, didn't think you'd text back." Then she sent "you can't even speak to me. forget you." About 20 min. later I sent "You will never be able to treat me as a human so why should I treat you as one. All you did was lie and screw me over. **** that. One day you will know what it feels like to be screwed around, and don't worry about the bill, I will take care of it." About an hour later she sent "You ****** with me too, but I did not lie to you." I have no idea why she's saying I ****** with her too, cause I didn't.

I haven't sent anything since. I am surprised she didn't wait for ME to ask HER for the money, instead of her volunteering it. Was I an idiot for breaking NC? Should I send her a text back or start NC again? What is she doing?

Are your initials by any chance "EPR"? This sounds suspiciously similar to situations I've experienced!

Forget the money, drop this one like it's hot, don't ask questions, and...

Run, Forrest, Ruuuuuuuuun

This is tearing you apart, frustrating you to pieces, and your only way out is be gone and stay gone buddy...now...

frigginexes, what an appropriate username for your current situation.

I guess it would be insensitive for me to call your ex a lunatic considering the fact that she is certifiably insane, but anyhow, I now want to turn the attention from her to you, no offense man, but what the hell were you thinking?!?!?

Oh I know, the sex with her must have been out-of-this-galaxy amazing, that would be your only excuse and a pretty lame one at that.

What gives? Why would you want to be with such a selfish person in the first place?

Ha wow, yeah sounds alot like my ex, I dont know why I still care for her so much when shes like that. But Frisco is right, run far far away, its gonna be hard to breakaway but once you do it will be like seeing the light. I am still trying to. But I know she is crazy and i'm trying to do my best.

What is she doing here? What does she want from me?

I bet you even she couldn't even answer these questions my friend...or the answer would change based on the day, her mood, stages of the moon, the tides...who knows...and trying to figure it out without a Ph.D. in psych will only confuse you...

I bet you even she couldn't even answer these questions my friend...or the answer would change based on the day, her mood, stages of the moon, the tides...who knows...and trying to figure it out without a Ph.D. in psych will only confuse you...

Yup, you know us c-r-a-z-y women, the way we're wired to be perpetually pre-mentrual and hopped up on lethal doses of estrogen!